• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii backup loaders?

matt

Are there any Wii loaders that let you play burnt backups without a modchip?

If so, what is the best (if the only) one?

mrray2012

matt

Wow, your right. v0.3 just came out a few days ago so I know it is up to date. Thanks! I'll give it a try!

matt

I'm dumping Zelda TP via wi-fi right now. :D That really works slick. I don't have my laptop with a DVD burner right now, so I'll have to wait until I get that back to try it.

Oh, and could the mods please move this to the new Wii Homebrew section? Thanks.

matt

I have a question. Is it bad for the Wii to have the disk constantly spinning for an extended amount of time, say 7 or more hours? It takes that long, since my router is upstairs and my Wii is downstairs. I don't think my router is super fast anyway.

Was the Wii designed to be able to handle that? I have been backing up my games this week, just letting my Wii and computer run overnight. I'm backing up SSBB right now, and that is dual layer, so that is going to take awhile...

Also, is there any way to tell if a Wii disk is dual or single layer? In the dumper you have to specify whether it is single or dual layer. It doesn't recognize it itself.

Bran

Yell
Matt said:
I have a question. Is it bad for the Wii to have the disk constantly spinning for an extended amount of time, say 7 or more hours? It takes that long, since my router is upstairs and my Wii is downstairs. I don't think my router is super fast anyway.

Was the Wii designed to be able to handle that? I have been backing up my games this week, just letting my Wii and computer run overnight. I'm backing up SSBB right now, and that is dual layer, so that is going to take awhile...

Also, is there any way to tell if a Wii disk is dual or single layer? In the dumper you have to specify whether it is single or dual layer. It doesn't recognize it itself.
That's not good for it's laser but if you only do it a few times it should not reduce the life of the Wii by all that much.

As far as I know SSBB is one of the only dual layer Wii games.

matt

Hmm. Thats not what I like to hear. I suppose the Wii is only meant to read short bits of data at a time. This is the 5th game I'm dumping, and it takes maybe 7-8 hours a disk, except for Brawl, which i estimate will take about 12 hours.

Is there any way to dump Wii games using a computer instead?

matt

Yeah, I found that out doing some googling. Although the time is only supposed to take about 4 hours if I remember right.

I have another question. I just dumped a game onto an SD card because it takes less time, and I guess its less strain on the Wii's drive. But the dumper splits the game into 6 ".iso" files because I am using a 1GB SD card. Am I missing something obvious here? How do I join them together into 1 ".iso" file or burn it?

matt

Yeah, it is split into 6 iso files. I used Wii DVD Dumper 1.2 developed by Waninkoko. How do I merge the files?

matt

Nevermind, I figured it out myself after doing some googling.

You have to rename the files to part1.iso, part2.iso, etc. and move them to the root of the hard drive. Well, you don't have to name them exactly that, but its easier that way. Then you have to type "copy /b part1.iso + part2.iso + part3.iso + part4.iso + part5.iso + part6.iso (newfilename).iso" into command prompt and it merges it into 1 file. :)