• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

will the btcnfpatch.prx for irshell brick my psp 3000??

kevinx17910

Hi everyone,

I have CFWe 3.50 installed on my psp 3000 and I have irshell 5.0.
I want to play iso games and found the patch.
Will it really brick my psp because it touches a file in flash???
anyone here tried that??
thx in advance

Deathrow

wtf is btcnfpatch.prx? You know CFWe is a loader for custom firmwares, which directly plays "pirated* games right?

HacKmaN

#include
WTF... CFWe is some piece of shit, and BTW: DO NOT TOUCH FILES IN THE FLASH, IF YOU ARE USING A PSP 3000 OR AN UNHACKABLE PSP SLIM!!!

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
WTF... CFWe is some piece of shit, and BTW: DO NOT TOUCH FILES IN THE FLASH, IF YOU ARE USING A PSP 3000 OR AN UNHACKABLE PSP SLIM!!!

To clarify: You can add files that do not exist already. You can can't touch (write to) ones that are already there, otherwise brickage.

HacKmaN

#include
To clarify: You can add files that do not exist already. You can can't touch (write to) ones that are already there, otherwise brickage.

Adding files is also risky, if your PSP has a hardware defect or something, Sony won't give you a new one, because you used unlicensed code to write a file into the flash.

imported_ruyor

The facts:
btcnfpatch.prx is a file that normally comes with IRShell and is firmware specific, when launched from IRShell, it copies irspatch.prx to flash0 and patches one of the btcnf files for CFW to include it so IRShell can run ISOs and PS1 games.

There was one made specifically for PSP-3000 & TA-088v3 on 5.03, and it should be safe theoretically (many people tested it successfully). But there is always a risk when you flash anything, and if something does happen, you'll be SOL.

My Opinion:
Don't use it, you don't need to run ISO or PS1 in IRShell, use your CFWe for that ;)

LocutusEstBorg

The patch will only modify the CFW's pspbt?nf.bin files, not the OFW pspbtcnf.bin. It will only stop the CFW from working at most. If it does just run the CFW setup again.