• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wii U Wind Waker HD for Wii U & New Zelda in Development

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Eiji Aonuma, producer of the Zelda series, took to Nintendo Direct today to announce that a new Zelda title is in development for the Wii U. With this new title Aonuma is looking to change the basic conventions of Zelda, including rethinking the dungeon-by-dungeon progression and single player gameplay.

Continue reading...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Probably looks better in motion, but the HDR seems really harsh from those shots. The lighting is way too bright in my opinion. I enjoyed Wind Waker, but the sailing parts dragged on a lot. Would've rather seen Twilight Princess receive the HD treatment.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah, not the best shots from what I could tell. Was hoping to see actual footage.

I am however extremely excited about the new Zelda. However I think it's a little early in development to even have announced it when they aren't even sure the direction they're taking. We all know there's going to be a Zelda released on a Nintendo console, that's a given. It'll be interesting to see how they take a the linear out of the series.

David Sanchez

Wind Waker's right up there with Ocarina of Time as one of my favorite Zelda games, so I'm really looking forward to this. I'm glad Nintendo didn't take the lazy approach and just make it an HD remake. Instead, it looks like it's being completely rebuilt, which is certainly admirable.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Would definitely have preferred that treatment being given to Majora's Mask. Wasn't the biggest fan of Wind Waker (screw that damn triforce hunt :mad: ).