• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wolfenstein 3D News, Sound Fixed At Last! (News Only)

Zack

PSP Coder
Just a small update post on how things are going with wolf3d.

Chilly Willy Aka JF and I have finally fixed the original sound code.
Tv Out has also been added.

I am now just working on fixing other stuff and stabilizing the game then a release will be made.

Shouldn't be long now :)

So just to repeat, sound is now finally fixed. Sounds fantastic, the sound effects now play at the proper tone and do actually finish playing the full sample at last. Gun shots and every other sound effect sounds clearer and more detailed. Music is crystal clear also.

Sorry to keep teasing you all with news and no releases. The reason for me doing this is because the next release of Wolfenstein will be the last one from me. So I want it to be perfect before I release it.

Then I will be moving onto another project, which as yet is up for voting for I guess :)

I have also figured out the location of the bug that has caused a specific version of the wolf3d files to crash after the second level. Fixing it is just a matter of time now :D

Stay Tuned.

Zack

PSP Coder
Update

The bug that caused the crashing on a certain set of wolf3d files on the third level has been fixed.

It just requires you to apply a patch once before you run it and it works like a charm then :)

Release is getting pretty close now :D