• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wolfenstein 3D V5.0! Its here! - Perfect Sound, Instant Save/Load & Lots More!!

Zack

PSP Coder
So after a long time and a lot of work, Wolfenstein 3D V5.0 is finally here! :D

Incase you were wondering what happened to v4.9, well it was only released to beta tester Da1writer, and thus I skipped a public version and just went to 5.0.

I have made a hell of a lot of changes, fixes and other stuff to this version. I would also like to say a huge thanks to Chilly Willy Aka JF for all his help on the version too. Without him the sound and music especially wouldn't be like it is today.

Sound and Music are now both perfect. Just saying that is like Music to my ears (pun intended). Saving and loading is also now instant, and actually works. No more save corrupted messages Thanks Chilly Willy and WolfGL

Crashing bugs are now gone, I myself worked really hard on these and am pretty confident they are gone forever

TV out is pretty cool too

So enough blabbering here is the changelog :

- Added Fullscreen at last. Now fills the screen properly. (Zack)
- Fully fixed the sound & Increased Volume. (Chilly Willy)
- Added Tv out (Chilly Willy's New SDL Lib)
- Fixed menu dialogue box corruption bug (Zack)
- Improved menu control system - X = Confirm, O = Cancel/Back (Zack)
- Improved menu dialogue box text - Now easier to follow (Zack)
- Fixed bug that made a certain version of the wolf3d data files crash upon level 3 of wolf3d (Zack)
- Enabled pause feature (Zack)
- Improved cheat code input - now easier to do cheats (Zack)
- Fixed cheat activation sounds not playing (Zack)
- Wolf3D Full Version Now uses 1 eboot for both cd and floppy files - (Floppy Files Require you to apply a once off patch) (Zack)
- Made graphics buffer non-cacheable to avoid cache flooding (improves speed and FPS). (Chilly Willy)
- Save and Load gamestate taken from WolfGL ; modified to fix checksum problem.
- Control Cleanup (By Chilly Willy) Mapping by (Zack & Chilly Willy).
- Added Option to change Cpu speed. O + Start toggles between 180mhz, 222mhz and 333mhz. (Chilly Willy).
- Fixed bug in gameloader where it would pick the wrong game sometimes. (Zack).
- Source code cleanup (can be cleaned more however) (Zack).
- Other various fixes (Zack).

So I really hope you all enjoy the new and final release that I Zack will be making of Wolf3D. I am delighted that It turned out to be as amazing as I wanted v5.0 to be, so you can now finally enjoy all versions of Wolf3D how they were meant to be played.

Enjoy! & Stay tuned for my next port. I may give you a clue as to what it is later :D

Note : If you use Wolf 3d Floppy version files, please use the patch below before you run the game or it wont work. Just copy and replace the files in the patch folder with the ones you have already.

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU USE THE FLOPPY VERSION FILES OF WOLF3D FULL VERSION. IT IS NOT NEEDED FOR ANY OTHER VERSION.

Screenshot :

screen1-2.jpg

Download and give feedback via comments

Downloads Hosted By RetroEmu.com

Wolfenstein 3D V5.0 Download

Floppy Version Patch Download

soulburn

It's great ! Many many thank's. I hope you port other Id games in the future!
Few things:
- how to change controls? It seems that readme file says nothing about that. In-game menu says: no options avalible
- how to change savgame name? pressing X gives me "y" and nothing more
- sometimes dificulty level optios are grayed-out, i can choose first, or first and last dificulty (in spear of destiny, shareware and full), I don't remeber happening it in pc version

Zack

PSP Coder
It's great ! Many many thank's. I hope you port other Id games in the future!
Few things:
- how to change controls? It seems that readme file says nothing about that. In-game menu says: no options avalible
- how to change savgame name? pressing X gives me "y" and nothing more
- sometimes dificulty level optios are grayed-out, i can choose first, or first and last dificulty (in spear of destiny, shareware and full), I don't remeber happening it in pc version

Controls : Can't be changed via the menu i am afraid. Someone would need to write a psp specific input handler for it.

Savegame name : Someone could add an osk to wolf to change the name, i just didn't think it justified the time taken to do so. Are you really going to have more than one save per game? I don't think so at least.

Difficulty : Yeah that's a weird random bug that i only discovered after releasing. It only happens randomly. Next time you start the game it should allow you to select them as usual.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
There's an error in the control listings in the readme...
START = Menu (Esc)
O + START = cycle CPU speed between 133, 180, 222, 266, 300, and 333 MHz.
SELECT = Enter
O + SELECT = Backspace

Also, O while in the menu is a cancel button (Esc).

Zack

PSP Coder
There's an error in the control listings in the readme...
START = Menu (Esc)
O + START = cycle CPU speed between 133, 180, 222, 266, 300, and 333 MHz.
SELECT = Enter
O + SELECT = Backspace

Also, O while in the menu is a cancel button (Esc).

Yeah saw that after it was released :blushing:

I am going to make a new release after all. V5.1

Going to fix the difficulty bug, and make a few other changes that i feel it is missing.

:)

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Like maybe make your launcher use a relative path, or maybe get the current path so that you don't HAVE to put it in GAME? :)

Code:
	// get launch directory name for our home
	strncpy(psp_home,argv[0],sizeof(psp_home)-1);
	psp_home[sizeof(psp_home)-1] = 0;
	char *str_ptr=strrchr(psp_home,'/');
	if (str_ptr){
		str_ptr++;
		*str_ptr = 0;
	}

Ronins

Hi. I was looking through the Internet when I saw this. It's just brilliant to play Wolf3D in the PSP. Thanks for releasing it.

I just have a question for you. I am using a 4.01 M33-2 FAT PSP. I suppose I can play it, but I copy the game in the PSP/GAME folder but I am unable to make it run. I can see it in the MS but when I am going to play, it just come back to the PSP menu. What's wrong? I suppose it's something related with the *.WL6 files, because I have none of them.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You can play the shareware games immediately. The full version require YOU to provide the files needed yourself. The only way we can say here how to get them is to buy the PC version of the full game.

Ronins

You can play the shareware games immediately. The full version require YOU to provide the files needed yourself. The only way we can say here how to get them is to buy the PC version of the full game.

Thank you, m8. 8)

And what's the difference between the full and the shareware version?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The shareware just has the first few levels. The full game is much like it sounds - the FULL game. The shareware version is pretty much like game demos today - just enough to give you an idea of how the game plays so you will hopefully like it enough to rush out and buy the full game. :)

Ronins

The shareware just has the first few levels. The full game is much like it sounds - the FULL game. The shareware version is pretty much like game demos today - just enough to give you an idea of how the game plays so you will hopefully like it enough to rush out and buy the full game. :)

OK, thanks again. 8)

cubanredneck87

<p>Please please please help me out to instal this game, I haven\'t played this game in 10 years and I just got a PSP and would love to be able to play it on on the go! I can\'t seem to install it correctly, I do exactly what the HELP FAQ AND GUIDE says but I still get a message saying corrupt data, and what gives with that Kernel stuff ?? PLEASE HELP!!! BITTE HELFEN MICH DANKE!!!!</p>

Chilly Willy

Contributor
You bumped the thread after FOUR MINUTES?!?!? You're lucky anyone will help at all. Here's my help - google for 5.2. That's the latest of this.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Nah! It's not too common that people do that. Not to mention, when someone does it can remind folks of stuff. A blast from the past and all that. :D

XYZ

Just been around the shareware version, it reminds me of old times... (This was the first PC game I ever played!)
It is quite well done, my congratulations on a very well done job.