• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

World of Goo publisher files for bankruptcy

Seth

MD Party Room
World of Goo publisher files for bankruptcy - Joystiq

This really sucks...All the original game dev are going bankrupt.First okami,and now world of goo...And tons of others that I forgotten by now.

Edit after reading some of the comments it seems they still get the money Nintendo, Valve, etc. But it sucks for Brighter Minds was only their publisher for physical copies of World of Goo.

Slasher

Suck It
Weren't they just a group of independent developers? That's what I thought anyways, maybe I'm wrong

Joey

This would suck if World of Good wasn't wildly mediocre. After playing the demo, I couldn't even be bothered to pirate it.

Although, that was probably my hippie liberal guilt not being able to pirate a game from an indie developer.

Chathurga

I think it was just an indie dark horse that people clung to for no real reason, the gaming equivalent of Little Miss Sunshine. Glorified flash game.

Good time waster though.

madsoul

I think it was just an indie dark horse that people clung to for no real reason, the gaming equivalent of Little Miss Sunshine. Glorified flash game.

Good time waster though.

world of goo was one of the best game ever last year. and its an amazing production made by just 2 people. to bad the physical copies didnt sell :(. bought my game physical.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't get why all the major blogs are reporting this as significant news. Brighter Minds is a publisher and nothing more than that.

Dev studios going bust is something to worry about, publishers not so much.

twelve

I'm not dead
This wont affect a sequel in the slightest.

It's just the publisher that's having trouble. They have no involvement with the game aside from printing discs and getting them to shops. Any other publisher could do the exact same thing if a sequel is made.