• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

worst word ever...

MenaceInc

Staff Member
noob.....i come across it everyday and it has so many meanings.....newbies would use it to describe themselves and so called "leet" gamers would use it as a degradatory term against people with less skill or possibly just out of being arrogant....and yes,i do play a lot of counterstrike: source. :)

its a word i hate.i am seriously gunna hunt down and kill whoever came up with the word.i know it started off on old BBS forums in the 80s but can't seem to track it to a specific one.ah well.

it is one word that we could do without though really,don't you think?

Pariah

i dunno, i think i'm more annoyed with the people that brought out the adaptations of it, like 'Choob' and 'Froob'...

noob-56631.jpg

XsavioR

personally , nub doesnt bother me. Myself included EVERY one is a nub at some point. It can be used in a non demeaning method. But i agree the guys who bash others calling them nubs gets old fast.

But seriously , most of them are responding to posts about 3.30 DG. Basically its annoying when the term is abused , but on the norm its an easy way to say
"hep me i know nothing, please explain simply. "
or other wise
"im a nub help. "

Pariah

Yeah i'm fine with 'noob'. i dont find offensive or anything, to me it's just a cool way of saying someone is new and/or doesnt know stuff. It can be used as an insult, but words like 'choob' and 'froob' seem to be always intended as an insult. :D

... man is it just me, or do the smilies on this site kinda suck

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah i'm fine with 'noob'. i dont find offensive or anything, to me it's just a cool way of saying someone is new and/or doesnt know stuff. It can be used as an insult, but words like 'choob' and 'froob' seem to be always intended as an insult. :D

... man is it just me, or do the smilies on this site kinda suck

lol, they are ok. I just added some new ones :-D

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i still don't like them :-(
i guess they're an improvement... thanks

bah, find me some good ones and I will add them :cool: