• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming WSJ: Xbox Boss Don Mattrick to Leave Microsoft for Zynga

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Wall Street Journal's AllThingsD is reporting that Don Mattrick, Microsoft's head of Interactive Entertainment Business, is leaving the company to join Zynga. While Microsoft has not yet issued a official statement, the report cites "multiple sources close to the situation."

Microsoft faced a hard time at this year's E3 in its attempt to justify policies that would impact the sale of used games on Xbox One, as well as require users to connect to the internet every 24 hours.

Continue reading...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Wow, this certainly is interesting. Although I'm a bit surprised he went to Zynga of all places...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Guessing he was forced out. Zynga seems like a massive downgrade, maybe he wasn't able to land a CEO position elsewhere. I wasn't a fan of this guy, he always came off as robotic in interviews and not passionate at all unlike the top brass of Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft can do much better.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wow that a pretty low dive for that guy, Zynga might be run to the ground next lol

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm more pissed off that Steve Balmer is currently taking over as head (as well as being CEO of Microsoft). That can't be good of the interactive entertainment division.