• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Xbox Live Situation

vulcanape11

so has the reason for the live bannings been found yet. Also can i un-mod my 360. Is it possible to go back to factory settings or so. I was just wondering, cause im afraid to play live with my non-legits, i have a few legits i play online. Also one guy respoded yes to this but i want to be completely sure. Is playing legit games online putting me at risk for a ban.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
The reason (as before) is bad rips,. The scene got lazy and some games weren't ripped/stealthed correctly. Nothing to do with firmware, and nothing to do with playing early.

You can go back, but whatever you have run on you 360 is already in your system so there's really no point in going back.

Seth

MD Party Room
So did you just flash your dvd drive?

If so then just flash back the original firmware back to the dvd drive...

You should have made a backup before flashing the drive.

Not 100% on this tho...

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Well I have heard from 2 people that the live bannings were due to bad rips... Is there any way to tell if a rip is bad? I am hoping to mod my 360 very soon but plan to keep Live...

eighty4

Bad rip = no stealth, basically. Download a game and use XDVDMulleter to see if it has stealth etc. DOn't mess with it though, as I have heard it messes up things and makes the disc unreadable.

If you run OSX, use OSX360 - which doesn't let you burn a game if it doesn't have stealth etc and also shows you if stealth is there and loads of other things.

de9ada5ef602c27c2c27677ffec82acf.png

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Hiratai said:
Bad rip = no stealth
No, a bad rip is one that is stealthed, therefore passes the check to be played on you iXtreme, but the CRC is incorrect.
Things like AnyDVD corruption, SS/Kreon, DMI, PFI, and Video Partition are some of the things that are checked to see if its a bad rip (ie not a 1:1 copy)

Mulleter and abgx360 are the best programs for windows to check