• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox Natal Dashboard Idea

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
I put this on the 360 forums not long ago, and decided to put it here to see what you guys think.

"Ever since I heard of the news about "Project Natal" at E3, I thought that the Xbox 360 could not get any better.
However, today I was seeing the movie Final Destination in Real-D 3D, and it was amazing, and like most 3d movies, it made me want to grab some of the items that were poping out at me, but of course if i do i look like a ****ing idiot doing so.
But earlier I was thinking of Project Natal, and how it has the motion trackers, then I thought of the 3D stuff.
It would be pretty interesting if microsoft added 3D glasses support to the next Dashboard, and then not only will stuff move when you put your hand near it, it would be like your actually touching the dashboard itself.
In a way, it's a bit like Hologram Technology, just minus the mirrors and add a oversized pair of glasses.

And in all reality, it wouldn't be an extreamly hard thing to do, I'm still in school and I already know how to do basic 3D effects, so if they get one smart enough guy, it could be done on the dashboard too.

Any Thoughts/Suggestions?"

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Anything with 3D glasses I'm going to hate, the tech is still far from perfect. 3D is becoming a gimmick imo

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Anything with 3D glasses I'm going to hate, the tech is still far from perfect. 3D is becoming a gimmick imo

Yeah, they do get annoying, that's one of the bigger flaws. But the new Real-D stuff looks a lot better than in the previous movies. It's pretty much HD+3D

Maybe they can make contacts instead of glasses XD