• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gaming Xbox Reveal Set for May 21st

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Microsoft has just informed the gaming community that an event will be set for Tuesday, May 21st that will reveal the next generation of "games, TV and entertainment." The Xbox Reveal event will likely unveil the next generation Xbox console, with Microsoft saying that their "full lineup of blockbusters" will be revealed at E3.

The event will be held on Microsoft's campus at 1pm EST / 10am PT and will be live steamed online on the Xbox website.

Current rumors peg the next-generation Xbox as being less powerful than the recently revealed PS4 by a clear margin.

Continue reading...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Bout damn time

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Probably just PS4 for me, I feel like MS is going to put a lot of focus on Kinect which doesn't interest me at all. But we'll see.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Probably just PS4 for me, I feel like MS is going to put a lot of focus on Kinect which doesn't interest me at all. But we'll see.
This, and if any of the rumors are true on top of Microsoft continuing to shove ads down my throat on 90% of the dashboard space they can go fuck off.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I'm much more interested in the PS3, but will get both in the end. Probably using then the same as this generation.

I play shooters on the 360 and platformers on the PS3.

ShadowmanX5

Should be interesting to finally be able to compare the two next gen consoles to come. In my opinion I see things like E3 slowly being shoved to the sidelines as companies take to holding their own events center stage. It's not that big events like E3 are bad, they allow the press and consumers to get the latest info all in one place. But from a company point of view, that means that they need to "stand out in the crowd" as such. So this becomes much easier if the even is all about you and your products.
It's happening with other big brands like Samsung holding an event for the S4 an not at Mobile Congress or anywhere like that, same with Apple and even google with "Google I/O". Companies are realising that they have a fan base large enough to hold their own events for people to come along an view their product.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Should be interesting to finally be able to compare the two next gen consoles to come. In my opinion I see things like E3 slowly being shoved to the sidelines as companies take to holding their own events center stage. It's not that big events like E3 are bad, they allow the press and consumers to get the latest info all in one place. But from a company point of view, that means that they need to "stand out in the crowd" as such. So this becomes much easier if the even is all about you and your products.
It's happening with other big brands like Samsung holding an event for the S4 an not at Mobile Congress or anywhere like that, same with Apple and even google with "Google I/O". Companies are realising that they have a fan base large enough to hold their own events for people to come along an view their product.

E3 will still be a very central part of most companies strategies this year. Both consoles will be revealed (well the hardware for the PS4 will most likely be finally unveiled at E3). Microsoft will unveil it's hardware / the next Xbox on May 21st but is reserving E3 for the games.

This year will be one of the biggest years for E3 since I've started going (at least IMO).