• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

xbox360 showing weird white screen...

nevster

hiya ppl

i sold my 360 a few months back to a m8 of mine, it was working perfectly when i sold it. i went round for the 1st time since selling it and he showed me a well funny white screen its been showing recently, the message says:

to be able to play this disk please put it in a xbox 360 (pmsl)

that isnt word for word but its pretty close. all his games are in mint condition and this happens on every game he trys to play at least 1st time trying to load it sometimes more, and everytime when he trys to play condemned. any idea why its saying this?

i thought it might just be dust on the lense. thought i might also add that once when i had it i had 3 red lights come up, thought the ring of death had taken it but i got lucky.

thanks

wakAwooki

Unarmed Enemy
does this happen with retail or burned games. if you pop a burned game in a dvd player you will see the 360 spiral then a message similar to what you see in various different languages. if this is happening with retail games then theres a problem because it sounds like the system is reading the video_ts section of the disc

nevster

lol sweet, anyway of fixing it? was gonna flash the cfw on it but im not to sure how, plus i dont even know if it'll work

wakAwooki

Unarmed Enemy
i dont know of anyway to fix this assuming that this is your problem. for sh*ts and giggles has he tried an original xbox game or even a dvd movie to see whats definately not playing.