• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

You most disappointing moment in a Video Game?

Cryox

Bro.
Post your most disappointing moment in a video game. It can be the storyline, somewhere you messed up, forgot to save, etc.

I don't remember exactly what game it was, I know i have had some really disappointing moments, but the one i can remember now was during cod:ww. I had gotten a bunch of hard-to-get challenges, gone really positive(k/d), and leveled up. My wireless connection decided to stop working, so right after the match, i was disconnected. I got back on to find that everything was as if i had just gotten on without playing that match.

Another was in nazi zombies. I got really far by my self, level 22 i believe (may have been 25). I died, and everything was good. My score and rounds lasted was recorded on the Friends Leader boards. About a week and a half+ later, it was gone.... I was pissed.

These are not my worst, trying to remember the other few

Share your moments. I know there have to be some good ones out there.

Dan

Contributor
Probably the map pack from CoD:WaW. It was the first thing i ever got off the Playstation store and it's put me off for all add-ons :(

Another was probably when CoD4 ended. I mean, i know it's a absolutely brilliant game, and it didn't dissapoint me overall, but i finished it within a day. If only it went on for a couple more levels, it would be flawless IMO.

Cryox

Bro.
Probably the map pack from CoD:WaW. It was the first thing i ever got off the Playstation store and it's put me off for all add-ons :(

Another was probably when CoD4 ended. I mean, i know it's a absolutely brilliant game, and it didn't dissapoint me overall, but i finished it within a day. If only it went on for a couple more levels, it would be flawless IMO.

I thought they were both fine. Map pack wasn't too bad, and COD4 campaign was good. Try playing it on veteran if you haven't yet ;)

EvilBat

Post your most disappointing moment in a video game. It can be the storyline, somewhere you messed up, forgot to save, etc.

Mine would be working the flower girl up in FF7 making here one heck of a healer.
Just to watch her die :(

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Dark Cloud 2. The final boss is a chain of 5 bosses culminating in the hardest boss battle of the game that occurs in three stages, the third of which also happens to be timed at two minutes. If you die at any point in those 6 boss battles or fail to defeat the third stage of the hardest boss ever within two minutes, you have to restart all the way at the beginning and kill all those other bosses in order to try again. I never beat the boss. Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favorite games until that happened. FML.

Adiuvo

Dark Cloud 2. The final boss is a chain of 5 bosses culminating in the hardest boss battle of the game that occurs in three stages, the third of which also happens to be timed at two minutes. If you die at any point in those 6 boss battles or fail to defeat the third stage of the hardest boss ever within two minutes, you have to restart all the way at the beginning and kill all those other bosses in order to try again. I never beat the boss. Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favorite games until that happened. FML.

Dark Genie wasn't THAT hard provided you had maxed Monica's sword.

Anyway, mine would be the last boss of Fallout 3. Colonel Autumn is a complete pushover, though Liberty Prime was awesome.

Cryox

Bro.
Dark Genie wasn't THAT hard provided you had maxed Monica's sword.

Anyway, mine would be the last boss of Fallout 3. Colonel Autumn is a complete pushover, though Liberty Prime was awesome.

No doubt.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Kingdom Hearts, when I had gotten EXTREMELY far, I hadn't saved, then I decided to try to kill this dude with this really gnarley sword, whom I later discovered was Sephiroth. I lost everything I had to the douche.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Starting up Prince of Persia for xbox 360. Not just a part of it. The whole fucking thing.
If you thought that was bad, you should have played to the end.

Worst ending ever. If the Prince (which it never mentions if he actually is a prince) was into necrophilia, it would be a much better ending.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
The length of Jade Empire was a huge disappointment to me.

Also, when I realized the lack of 4 player splitscreen for Left 4 Dead.

Colm

Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia, in general.
Mirror's Edge ending too quickly.
Call of Duty 4's ending. Awesome ending, but it really came too soon.
Team Fortress 2's new weapon system.
Portal being so short, and no official content update yet.
Far Cry 2 being so frustrating

And, my overall winner...

Having to restart Burnout Paradise, twice.