• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your Favorite Controller

Seth

MD Party Room
So what your favorite controller...If you can pick one to use for all time on all games what would be..

As of right now I going to have to say Wavebird....It was light and very durable.Most importantly it don't eat batteries.

There to many to list so I wont make a poll..

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It used to be the Dualshock design until the 360 rolled around. The 360's controller is close to perfection in my opinion. My only gripe is the battery pack on the back, but if you are playing a shooter, look no further.

Seth

MD Party Room
It used to be the Dualshock design until the 360 rolled around. The 360's controller is close to perfection in my opinion. My only gripe is the battery pack on the back, but if you are playing a shooter, look no further.
Did you forget about the crappy d pad?I can never stand to use that thing..

BTW I do love it for gaming on my pc it really is the best pc controller...

Chathurga

Yeah I like the 360 controller a lot, it feels just right in my hands. As Abe said, I wish the battery pack didn't hit off my middle fingers but I can live with that.
I don't use the d-pad so I don't mind if it's crap.

I think the PS3 controller is a bit too light.

Edit: Keyboard and mouse shit all over gamepads though.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Did you forget about the crappy d pad?I can never stand to use that thing..

BTW I do love it for gaming on my pc it really is the best pc controller...

Do you think I forgot about the d-pad?

The answer to your question is "no" Vanden, I did not forget about the crappy d-pad. If I was playing a fighting game, I would get it on another console because they are the only d-pad heavy games that I play.

Joey

360 controller... DualShock 3 is a close second, but the triggers are just bullshit... Also, The DS3 just doesn't do shooters well

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
The 360 controller is great, although I really like the original xbox's (fit my hand better). Also, I absolutely hate the dpad on the 360 controller.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
An epic controller would be a 360 controller with the PS2 D-Pad, the PS2 d-pad was awesome. Each button was separate...
And if you don't like the battery pack hitting your fingers, try a wired one. They're lighter, the cable is long, they can be used for PC gaming and if you also have a wired headset you can use it through a wired 360 controller to use it as a PC headset, which is pretty epic.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
The PS2 controller.
#2 would be the ps3, then the 360 one(which is near unuseable to me)

the reason for that is that I game using just my left hand, and I cant use the 360's analogue layout w/ the dpad in the lower left. I also find triggers to be a pita(I reach over to the back of the controller w/ my fingers, and triggers are tougher)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Why don't you use your right hand?

Seth

MD Party Room
Maybe it Left-Handed ?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
No but he said JUST left hand.
I'm right handed but use both.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I think I'm the only one who loved the Dreamcast controller, it was just so nice and heavy.

I like wireless 360 controllers for that reason. The wired one just feels too light. I thought the same about the Dualshock 2 controller when I used to play the PS2, so I didn't use it for long. Instead I bought a crappy GAMEware one which weighed a tonne, but it was awesome. That was my favourite controller. I'll see if I can get a picture...

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
ps2 controller is the best.
ps3 controller feels lighter and cheaper and i dont like the l2 and r2 buttons. something is different about them. I brought somthin to let me use a ps2 controller on a ps3 but it sucked hard and didnt work right with lbp or killzone.

Joey

I thought I had big hands, but I don't have a problem with the 360 battery pack... Never even thought about it.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
DS3 for me, the sixaxis was a bit too light. I tried using a 360 controller, its nice but not my style.

I'd say the 360 controller because it fits right into my hands. The DS3 isn't that bad either but the triggers throw me off sometimes.