• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your Favorite Game Genre

Scorned

beastlyboy gave me the idea through his other thread, so credits there.

What game type do you prefer over others?

For me i'd have to say either RPG or Strategy because of how much time i've spent and enjoyed in both.

I put MMO's in there because although they are RPG's, i felt it was too large to overlook.

twelve

I'm not dead
My favourite isn't an option. Driving/Racers.

I wouldn't vote it under Sports or Simulation because games like Burnout and Ridge Racer are neither.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I like racing games a lot too but over the years I've certainly played and enjoyed adventure games the most overall so that's my vote.

Adiuvo

RPG, since I spend so much time with them. They give the most value for your money.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I added Racing as an option since it seems needed.

Cryox

Bro.
is it just me, or are the results a bit messed up...

Screenie_08-1.jpg

33.33+33.33+33.33= 99.99+50= 149.99

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
It's setup as a multiple choice poll so you shouldn't expect it to add up to 100%.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Oh wait. I didn't notice it at first but twelve altered the counts after I added the Racing option (removed his original votes and added one vote for Racing); kind of makes me want to start this poll over from scratch.

Chathurga

I can't believe racing could be someone's favourite genre, always thought they were boring.

Action/Adventure or broke for me... maybe with a little RPG elements thrown in.

twelve

I'm not dead
Oh wait. I didn't notice it at first but twelve altered the counts after I added the Racing option (removed his original votes and added one vote for Racing); kind of makes me want to start this poll over from scratch.
Yeah I know it messed it all up :blushing:
I can't believe racing could be someone's favourite genre, always thought they were boring.
I'm a petrolhead. I can't get enough of anything to do with cars.

Shooters.
Yeah I thought that should be a separate genre too but could fall under action. Action/Adventure could be one genre though, all depends how you define them.

Also platformers is missing (but could fall under adventure).

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Action/Adventure or broke for me... maybe with a little RPG elements thrown in.

Same for me. Platformers and shooters as well like twelve said do it for me usually. Action to get the local adrenaline pumping and adventure for the pleasant exploration and varying complexities of having to solve puzzles, etc.

Scorned

I realize there were a lot of sub genres, and i had racing in mind but i ended up forgetting to put it up.

Shooters and platformers i allowed to go into their broader genre. Sorry for the confusion.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Shooters/action. I also really enjoy RPGs and some MMOs, but the only games that really keep me coming back years later are the action games.