• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Zombies outbreak ready to attack Black Ops.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I really don't like trying to be forced into buying anything but the vanilla edition of any games.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Can't say I expected anything else from Activision.... Really gets to me....collectors editions never had made it so features weren't included in the vanilla copy (those that did come with weapons usually had them as later unlockables or later DLC...)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I didn't really care for World at War at all. I'm just planning on downloading Black Ops... though if I do buy it, it'll just be the standard version.

january39

eXo Staff
I never really saw the point of zombies, so not a massive draw for me - i know plenty love it though.

Dan

Contributor
Wow, what the fuck. I want to use the maps I bought. Zombies was the only reason I played WaW.

january39

eXo Staff
Wow, what the fuck. I want to use the maps I bought. Zombies was the only reason I played WaW.

Yeah, lot's say that.... Just can't seem to get into it.

Riorio99

I loved Co-Op zombies on WaW (don't really like the rest of the CoD series, though), so I find the lack of free zombies disturbing.

Cloudy

Sadly, that's the issue with big publishers these days.

Doesn't help that XBOX Live proved that people would pay for online gaming.

january39

eXo Staff
I would be interested to see how many people have bought PSN+

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I would be interested to see how many people have bought PSN+

Quite a few, my PSN friends list is mostly populated by randoms and I'd say at least 5 have it, probably more.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Wait, so the regular edition of this game is NOT going to have nazi zombies at all?

I've read the statement twice, but only took that the original maps won't be in the regular edition.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Even if zombies aren't included in the standard edition, I'd honestly be surprised if the content isn't offered as a DLC pack down the road. Still.. it's a shame you'll have to pay extra for the privilege.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Even if zombies aren't included in the standard edition, I'd honestly be surprised if the content isn't offered as a DLC pack down the road. Still.. it's a shame you'll have to pay extra for the privilege.

Yeah I'm expecting that is what they will do, but this is the most "severe" case of this that I've seen - usually it's just maybe a map or a weapon, not an entire game mode. I could be wrong though.

For $10 more I might as well get the limited edition since the DLC may cost the difference between the two editions.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Doesn't help that XBOX Live proved that people would pay for online gaming.

dude, seriously, if you don't want to pay for xbox live, get a damn ps3, personally i find the argument about paying to be crap, i get plenty of shit for 60$ a year, consistent, and good updates, earlier access to content, more stable, and reliable servers, i personally find that the amount i use xbox live/my xbox, it's much worth the 60$, if you can't find the same value, then get a console that doesn't have you pay for playing your games online, and stop bitching about having to pay to use a service, their's two hardcore gamer consoles on the market, one you have to pay to use most of the online services, the other you don't, so get the one that doesn't require paying to play online and continue on with your life, don't pull everyone else down because you can't come up with 60$ once a year, it's no different then paying for any other service, except about 90% cheaper then the yearly cost of most other services.

The way Activision's handling multiplayer components of the COD series has really turned me off the franchise. Not only were MW2 DLCs expensive, they were released so rapidly that the playerbase was forked into into oblivion, and made the existing DLCs worth even less.

It wouldn't surprise me if Black Ops came with a level 30 cap for standard players, and leaving the other 30 levels in an exclusive DLC pack, making weapons themselves have a cost.

Dan

Contributor
I hope they don't leave the multiplayer full of bugs with overpowered guns in, like WaW and MW2.

I'm still waiting for that Fuel rock to be patched.