• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC MfM TF2 Tournament Setup

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'd be up for it if I've no date tomorrow night
not sure, still texting girl atm xD

also,interested in the epic fist fight...

Hardrive

Contributor
The fist fight at the beginning is going to be the best part of the whole tournament. You don't want to miss it.

Hardrive

Contributor
Hey Evilseph, if possible, the stats should be temporarily reset for the tournament so we can see how each person performed in a limited time frame.

EvilSeph

Administrator
A little heads up to remind the forgetful ones out there that this is happening today at 4 PM EDT (GMT -4, I believe).

I'll reset the stats right now.

Colm

Eran nominates:
pl_waste_b4
ctf_well
cp_granary

And if we're playing a 4th, pl_badwater
Oh, and EDT is currently GMT-4, but will be back as -5 on Monday

twelve

I'm not dead
Eran nominates:
pl_waste_b4
ctf_well
cp_granary

And if we're playing a 4th, pl_badwater
Oh, and EDT is currently GMT-4, but will be back as -5 on Monday
You mean Sunday. The clocks change at 1am (jumps to 2am).

Joey

I'm confused... EDT is the US east coast, right? I've only heard it referred to as EST, that's why I'm confused. Google just muddied the waters.

EvilSeph

Administrator
EDT is used as we've already made the switch to Daylight Savings Time. It's the same as EST, with a difference of 1 hour (I can't remember if it is + or - 1 hour...).

If we're going to be playing pl_waste_b4, please be sure you download it before the tournament is underway.

twelve

I'm not dead
EDT = Eastern Daylight Time GMT-4 (BST-5)
EST = Eastern Standard Time GMT-5

The UK change over to British Summer Time (BST) tonight which puts us back in sync being 5 hours apart.

Hardrive

Contributor
For all the confusion, I posted an event in the mfm steam group. You should be able to figure it out from there :)

I don't want to play custom maps, but that's just me.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I still don't see why. Some of the custom maps blow Valve's out of the water.

Hardrive

Contributor
Many people (myself included) have not played the custom maps enough. It gives those that have played them quite an advantage, and would be another complication to consider when trying to balance the teams.

I don't think we should make knowledge of the new maps a deciding factor in this tournament. Even last week, some of the newcomers to the game were lost in the official Valve maps. TF2 has a steep learning curve, and I don't think that it's fair to throw a whole new batch of maps in the mix.

Serideth

Many people (myself included) have not played the custom maps enough. It gives those that have played them quite an advantage, and would be another complication to consider when trying to balance the teams.

Many people have not played the game as much as others like you though, and they come on when we play custom maps in order to better themselves so I think it's perfectly fair.

My dad just walked out on us today so I won't be playing.