• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Conficker worm: D-day April 1st

Whisper

Logic :(

Cryox

Bro.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/132464 said:
What won't work? Turning your PC off tonight and back on on April 2 will not protect you from the worm (sorry to the dozens of people who wrote me asking if this would do the trick). Temporarily disconnecting your computer from the web won't help if the malware is already on your machine -- it will simply activate once you connect again. Changing the date on your PC will likely have no helpful effect, either.

so all of us saying that we are turning off our computers tonight for tomorrow, might as well not do it.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Well im off for few days just not take a risk. I wait for post seeing if its ok or not use my pc again lol.I got a wii I can use the internet from.
Edit rumour-Since recent event I heard from few friends window 7 might become free, and they well stop tech support for window xp.

Whisper

so all of us saying that we are turning off our computers tonight for tomorrow, might as well not do it.

That message is aimed at those who think turning off the computer for a day is the solution. We are just waiting to see the results of this virus and see who's getting infected. That's why we are turning off our computers and using other means off internet access for the time being.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
oh...:/
Well..... I won't be using my pc for a while then,I trying wait for a update or something to protect,or get rid of the worm if my pc is infected.
Btw I edit my post above

Cryox

Bro.
i just scanned my pc with that symantec tool, and i don't have it, yay!

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I thought it was impossible to tell even you was infected.

Whisper

But when you re-connect, the worm will just activate.

By then the details behind the new conficker worm will be public. A solution will exist and can probably be downloaded on a public computer if necessary.

Who knows maybe it will be nothing and he can reconnect. I don't gamble a 600 dollar item... I can wait a day or two to see how widespread it is.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
All my local news stations have been making note of it and I'm just laughing at it. It's not everyday that you get notice of a virus attempt on computers, I'm not afraid of it at all. Although this is a pretty epic virus I must say, the author must be proud of himself

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Everyone was talking about at my library, they have no idea how a computer works or anything for that matter.

Whisper

All my local news stations have been making note of it and I'm just laughing at it. It's not everyday that you get notice of a virus attempt on computers, I'm not afraid of it at all. Although this is a pretty epic virus I must say, the author must be proud of himself

At the very least the author knows how to advertise.

Cryox

Bro.
Everyone was talking about at my library, they have no idea how a computer works or anything for that matter.
my mom heard about it on the news and through some of her friends. and let me say, she was really scared of it. She thought it was the end of the world haha.

Slasher

Suck It
So what is everyone going to do? I personally don't think anything will happen.

I'm going to be watching the news to see if anything even does happen. Regardless though I'm just going to do what I regularly do.

twelve

I'm not dead
So it's April 1st here. What time zone is this supposedly meant to go by because nothing has happened.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
@twelve
I think its est time its set to launch.