• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Conficker worm: D-day April 1st

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Uh, anyone mind telling me what OpenDNS is?

Most use it as a service that updates a domain with your ip address. For example I can visit a site and have it redirect to my current IP address of my main computer. I currently use it as a file system so I can upload and download directly to and from my computer remotely.

There are other uses (and I use a different service, but same principal)

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I've used it for a few months, <3 IRC.

xploren

Contributor
Most use it as a service that updates a domain with your ip address. For example I can visit a site and have it redirect to my current IP address of my main computer. I currently use it as a file system so I can upload and download directly to and from my computer remotely.

There are other uses (and I use a different service, but same principal)

Ah, thanks. I just might start using it.

eighty4

I've used OpenDNS forever, via router. Now I know that my family is safe and the mormons next door are safe too.

Vee

So let me get this straight, if you updated to Service Pack 3 when it first came out, there is no chance that you could have this, right?

I've always had automatic updates on and i've been on SP3 for as long as i can remember.

Sullivan

I beleive so, but if you go infected before you updated... then... ya, infected.

Vee

I beleive so, but if you go infected before you updated... then... ya, infected.

I thought the worm wasnt in circulation then? And even if it was, it wasnt at the scale that it is now, so chances of infection were pretty low..

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
you can't update from MS if you had the virus right?
So how is it even possible be infected by updating still.:|

I got a monitor already built in my main internet modem.

I tells me whats pulling from the net like xboxs,psp,computers. So I don't really need openDNS or a router at all. hehe

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Its updated itself to Conficker.E which also downloaded Waledac and SpyProtect 2009 and is also due to delete itself on the 3rd of May

not a joke btw

the greatest virus the worlds seen in years and they're giving it up