• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Conficker worm: D-day April 1st

Zx30

Beto
+1, I have a patched os, been that way for ever, I don't download random crap, I have anti-virus, I am going to be ok.

Exactly. Everything is up to date on me and I only download from websites I trust. I'll be fine.

Wouldn't surprise me the least if it was an April's Fools joke...but now that I think about it, It could be reverse Phychology. Maybe the creator wants us to think that so we don't do shit about it and then were are defenseless. Meh. Either way. My internet will stay on.

Robby

Los Doyers!
How do you know, it wont do anything after the 1st?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
How would I make everything patch?
Plus I heard the virus already infected few people so yeah......

A_Nub

Developer
I think everyone is going to get a popup saying APRIL FOOLS MOTHA FUCKAHS, IM ON A BOAT! ;)

But yay, Skynet has finally arrived, im soo excited!. I will stay on untill after midnight to fuel the chaos! MUAHAHAHA.

Conficker my baby, GROW!

Cryox

Bro.
I think everyone is going to get a popup saying APRIL FOOLS MOTHA FUCKAHS, IM ON A BOAT! ;)

But yay, Skynet has finally arrived, im soo excited!. I will stay on untill after midnight to fuel the chaos! MUAHAHAHA.

Conficker my baby, GROW!
I lol at you. that is hilarious.

and that is what i think, get a little picture that shows them on the bow of the boat like in the music vid w/ flashing text like that

Slasher

Suck It
You know, the easiest solution to take care of it is to disconnect from a network? Of course you would obviously need to reconnect at some later date.

Read the article that Whisper posted.

TheArticle said:
What won't work? Turning your PC off tonight and back on on April 2 will not protect you from the worm (sorry to the dozens of people who wrote me asking if this would do the trick). Temporarily disconnecting your computer from the web won't help if the malware is already on your machine -- it will simply activate once you connect again. Changing the date on your PC will likely have no helpful effect, either. And yes, Macs are immune this time out. Follow the above instructions to detect and remove the worm.

EvilSeph

Administrator
April 1st is when it STARTS. Not when everything happens.

April 1st is when the worm switches to its next scheduled distribution process. That is all.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
What virus protection can I use for now, mine is out of date

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I heard AVG from plenty of Yahoo forumers but I really don't know.

Yea I seen loads of comments about that.... doesn't seem very legit.
2nd can I get a direct download update?

Cryox

Bro.
AVG is legit, i have it. my dad got the free version, but i don't think they have it anymore, just trial and premium

Edit nvm, here it is
AVG Free Edition

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I might just reinstall xp soon........ just in case.
I found the MS update site, but I can't seem to update.
It might be since im using a old window IE
Ty thebeastlyboy15
Btw what is stub its asking for access to my internet
C:\document and setting\owner\local setting\temp\7zS333.tmp\stub.exe
Edit-Even during the setup for window IE checking for milious programs just put a X on it. Well nice knowing im infected I guess.