• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Conficker worm: D-day April 1st

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Nothing was ever set to actually really go down April 1st. It was just updating itself to receive a new set of instructions on this date. The instructions could have been anything, even nothing.

Even in class this morning I heard people moaning about it with so much misinformation it was making me want to turn around and slap them in the faces. Things like "Yeah it works on macs too", "When you guys turning your computers back on?", and "I heard google.ca doesn't work if you have it", "It's crashing computers that have it now"...

There's so much bullshit flying around it's just ridiculous

Tell me about it.

Last night I changed by facebook status to:
"huge, HUGE, MASSIVE computer virus tomorrow, possibly could begin fire-sail and collapse of the global economy. works by sniffing the network and injecting packets into the mainframe, scary stuff. in bomb shelter, call/txt."

Within literally 2 minutes I already had 6 facebook IMs from people asking me if it was going to be that bad. :bored:

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Thx, I understand everything but the payload part, and enter domain.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Payload = code executed by virus
And to enter the domain = for the payload to be placed on one or more of the many random domains used by conficker
Domains such as youtube?

Cryox

Bro.
Tell me about it.

Last night I changed by facebook status to:
"huge, HUGE, MASSIVE computer virus tomorrow, possibly could begin fire-sail and collapse of the global economy. works by sniffing the network and injecting packets into the mainframe, scary stuff. in bomb shelter, call/txt."

Within literally 2 minutes I already had 6 facebook IMs from people asking me if it was going to be that bad. :bored:
you shoulda said "yah man, get to the store, stock up on food and water, and get in that basement!"

they woulda believed ya too i bet.

--
I heard on the radio this morning the DJ guy was like "todays word of the day is Worm, like earth worm or that crazy super virus that is supposed cause all kinds of chaos" he said all this stuff and i wanted to slap him haha

Joey

Where does this thing come from? And how can I tell if I have it?

I wish people would stop trying to explain what it is, and tell me what the fuck I need to do to make sure my computer doesn't esplode... If I don't have it, and I can't get it, then I don't give a shit about it.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Joey there is no ture way to tell from my understanding. Look back about 2,3 pages back for tools that I used. My system seems to be clean.

eighty4

HOW DO I KNOW! Is there anyway to know. Stop fucking around fatty...

I like how you resort to immature jokes that could be used about a year ago. Nice try though. It's always nice to see a little worm like you squirm. :)

Cryox

Bro.
Joey there is no ture way to tell from my understanding. Look back about 2,3 pages back for tools that I used. My system seems to be clean.

there is a symantec scan thing, you can find it on the link posted a page or two ago, the yahoo one.

EDIT
Yahoo Article
Symantec Scan
Symantec Scan Direct Download

Use the last one, the first two are just for reference :)

AVG is legit, i have it. my dad got the free version, but i don't think they have it anymore, just trial and premium

Edit nvm, here it is
AVG Free Edition
there you go sir.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Im going say no one knows nothing about virus,they're saying its one day thing.
How much I explain its not going to last one day,you need to update they said.
"No I turn back on my internet tomorrow."
Hopefully MS comes out with a update soon, anyway seems like my pc is clean for time being.
Edit- my news just did a update on it, same old same old news just saying check Microsoft.com if you can't reach the website you're infected.

FranzH

For the Helghast!
HOW DO I KNOW! Is there anyway to know. Stop fucking around fatty...

I have heard/read from various places that the ways to tell are:

- If you can't access websites such as Microsoft.com Symantec, AVG etc...

- Increased network traffic

Strange one I heard was if you can't shut down your computer... No idea what so ever about this one or if it is true or not.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I heard 1st one, I can't never tell increased in network traffic since I got more one person that uses my router.
3rd one I never heard of till now.
Edit-Shoulden't this thread be in computers now since everything about it relates to antivirus, and talk about this worm.

Cryox

Bro.
3rd one you could just hard shut down (power button) then reboot into safe-mode.

Serideth

This is just like Zars and Birdflue. It's something the media blew out of proportion to give them something new to publish.

Cryox

Bro.
even on symantec 's website it said that all it was doing today was updating it's security and defenses, making it harder to get rid of and block.

Yet the media still said "OMG D-Day is here!! All computers are going to explode!"
(what they made it seem like)

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
People around me-IT COULD HAPPEN ANY MIN GOD HELP US
Me-Um..... let me just make sure my pc is safe, if everything past than I don't care.
Few news channels are still talking about it.