• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
re-read my post, then fix this useless wall of text lol

re-read my post and then make the links and understand what I tried to say lol

but yes I agree, mod should come here and clean this mess out...

@fives: if you want to end this boring discussion just add me on msn or gmail or something lol I'm not going to bother post off-topic anymore

Fives

you obviously can't understand what i'm trying to say. i'm trying to figure out if english is even your native language? either way send me a private message for further confusion. this is too off-topic.

Sea216

Well editing that in anyway makes the crash unusable :(.
I used a hex-editor to replace the hello-world text in the h.bin with an ascii skull, I zipped it and attached it below...
Here's a preview pic...
pic.JPG

It's something different to look at anyway:p

johncena

Lets face it, what is the percentage of people running "Homebrew" just for playing ISO? maybe say 80%-90% of the time? if the number is not so high, the publisher will not be so alarmed.

So its impossible to not associate "Homebrew" with ISO loaders and piracy.

Its true that, its not our place to say..."What he do with it, is his own choice". But the maker should also should have some responsibility on the matter.

zarz

Lets face it, what is the percentage of people running "Homebrew" just for playing ISO? maybe say 80%-90% of the time? if the number is not so high, the publisher will not be so alarmed.

So its impossible to not associate "Homebrew" with ISO loaders and piracy.

Its true that, its not our place to say..."What he do with it, is his own choice". But the maker should also should have some responsibility on the matter.

its possible..homebrew is a complete different aspect.
and yeah developers are alarmed coz they want a monopoly in their product which wont be possible without blocking these stuff + it goes down in the book that hackers cracked open the security and eventually that effects company reputation that they cant develop products with higher security.And yeah piracy is inevitable.But according to sony,Used game market has hit them more then piracy and they dont worry about piracy much..It was on QJ. :mellow:

Temet

Honestly, I don't care about loading iso... and I wish it couldn't be possible : this is killing the video games market.
My interest would be ssh client (I'm a linux user, I can do a lot on my pc with ssh), SIP phone (psp 3000 has an embedded micro... this means free calls for any call in any country... that's hot!) and playing my old PS1 games.
There are probably other homebrews that are useful but I owe a PSP since a month only and of course I couldn't install homebrews.

PS : on my PSP, the exploit never worked after dozens of tries with several methods that "work every time" ...

wimat

Another question: Imagine then HEN comes out. And I want to use the Hellcat Recovery Flasher to upgrade to 5.00 M33-4. (I have a PSP Fat without the 88v3 motherboard or that other one I can't remember the name of...) Well, i've read in the ReadMe of the Flasher you wil need to launch it from the recovery menu. And well ofcourse I don't have the recovery menu yet ;) So how do I need to launch it from the HEN? Will the HEN just pop-up a screen that says: "launch recovery flasher"? Or am I totally wrong and need to do it another way?

MaxMouseDLL

Another question: Imagine then HEN comes out. And I want to use the Hellcat Recovery Flasher to upgrade to 5.00 M33-4. (I have a PSP Fat without the 88v3 motherboard or that other one I can't remember the name of...) Well, i've read in the ReadMe of the Flasher you wil need to launch it from the recovery menu. And well ofcourse I don't have the recovery menu yet ;) So how do I need to launch it from the HEN? Will the HEN just pop-up a screen that says: "launch recovery flasher"? Or am I totally wrong and need to do it another way?

Theoretically if your motherboard is not a TA-088v3 or a TA-090v2 then you could flash custom firmware to the NAND... i doubt it'd be straight forward though (Hence the reason for Hellcat's code requiring a cold boot from recovery)

wololo

I foresee lots of bricks and confusion in the near future...

-I tried To flash 6.05 m33-18 on my PSP3000 and it doesn't boot anymore
-Use a Pandora Kit to ... oh, you said PSP3000 ? Well, use eBay to sell it for parts

MaxMouseDLL

I foresee lots of bricks and confusion in the near future...

-I tried To flash 6.05 m33-18 on my PSP3000 and it doesn't boot anymore
-Use a Pandora Kit to ... oh, you said PSP3000 ? Well, use eBay to sell it for parts

lol... there have already been posts of the "I'll use the HEN to flash custom firmware to my PSP3k" nature, I've already mentioned a couple of times the dangers of doing that to a TA-088v3/TA-090v2...

But yes, there will be lashings of unrecoverable bricks... i can't remember the last time i used the word "Perma-Brick"

wimat

And what about the PSP's that are not 3k and don't have the TA-088v3/TA-090v2 motherboard... Will that be a brickfest to?

Sorry for all of my silly questions...

MaxMouseDLL

And what about the PSP's that are not 3k and don't have the TA-088v3/TA-090v2 motherboard... Will that be a brickfest to?

Sorry for all of my silly questions...

Probably (You'll get a new influx of noobs who didn't understand an MMS/Pandora Battery, they'll brick their consoles), but these will easily recover with Pandora/DCx so aren't an issue.

Your questions aren't silly.. :)

What this will (possibly) do for Pre TA-088v3 owners is provide a route to custom firmware without a pandora battery/mms, for TA-088v3/TA-090v2 owners it will provide a HEN.

wimat

Yeah but the HEN will be there, before Tuesday i've heard.
So I am reading the whole web about CFW, lol :p

imported_khan

I am only interested in the Homebrew side of things, let's be honest, PSP games nowadays are fairly cheap.

Can not wait till Davee releases HEN, especially for us PSP 3000 owners.:blushing:

lilspanyol

Well I hope Davee doesn't change his mind in releasing this , with all the bad talk on the last pages ..

Well , I've got my Ta-088v3 for 4 months now , and I own 7 games ..
Have your ever tought how godnes an ISO/CSO loader is for me?

In July I'm going to Barcelona (don't follow me :mad:) and it would be very fun to take all my games with me , so for me an ISO loader would be very useful ..

Don't DARE to quote ^^^^^

----------------------

I have a question : will this game run :p? I always wanted to play this one (and others aswell) --> YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

PS. Davee , if you read this : how are the exams going?

imported_khan

Regarding Davee's possible release of HEN, will it be compatible with existing homebrew? for example ultimate youtube, emulators etc.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.