• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Swine Flu

Cryox

Bro.
it would give the news people a laugh probably. I now truly believe that the News is designed to keep us living in fear

Yeah, i know that is what they said in Live Free or Die hard, that is where i got it from, but i actually believe it now.

ilyace

Somebody at Branham High School (the school I went to last year) got sick and they closed the school for a week. Tbh I'm still not worried or scared about it.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
My school is excusing all absences for a while until this blows over. All you must do is call in. Completely excused, no making up time, no lawsuits, nothing.

Unfortunately I cannot abuse it this time around(I am in a horrible position right now because I have a low grade in a required class), so :(!. I'm sure there are going to be a ton of people gone though.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
The threat level in Britain has been heightened to 6, epidemic.

That sucks, a lot of people are going to miss work, but just watch how many people die. Maybe a couple, but they'd probably be

1. Really old
2. Infant
3. Have aids

If you have access to antihistamines and advil, you're pretty much set because that's primarily what kills you when it comes to flu's, that's why when the flu hits developing countries the morality rate is HUGE.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Something that really makes me wonder, is why are most cases in the world involving people that have traveled to Mexico? Although it did originate from there, several sites that I read daily (most notably CNN.com and msnbc.msn.com ) seem to say that cases are people who have recently traveled to Mexico. I don't seem to recall ever hearing of a case where they hadn't traveled to Mexico :-\ . If someone knows better, please prove me wrong.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Egypt is slaughtering all their pigs. Expect loads of bacon. LOADS.

An abundance in police?

Something that really makes me wonder, is why are most cases in the world involving people that have traveled to Mexico? Although it did originate from there, several sites that I read daily (most notably CNN.com and msnbc.msn.com ) seem to say that cases are people who have recently traveled to Mexico. I don't seem to recall ever hearing of a case where they hadn't traveled to Mexico :-\ . If someone knows better, please prove me wrong.

This whole thing is what we call "Selling news", which basically means it's a hunk of crap. It's only in Mexico because Mexico doesn't have as good sanitation as we do, and their distribution of medicine is also lesser, so they naturally have worse flu outbreaks.

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
Somebody at Branham High School (the school I went to last year) got sick and they closed the school for a week. Tbh I'm still not worried or scared about it.

I go to SJSU, I really hope they shut down state, as they would have to give us all passes for our classes, and I could really use a 4.0.

Whisper

Logic :(
What level does it have to get to for schools state wide to be closed? If they are closed will that just be subtracted from summer time? Everything is so vague.

Oh and if you had swine flu do you grow an immunity to it?

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
What level does it have to get to for schools state wide to be closed? If they are closed will that just be subtracted from summer time? Everything is so vague.

My school was closed because the roads were iced over and they took out the days from our spring break.

Basically various holidays that you enjoy and need they take away.

Cryox

Bro.

Oh and if you had swine flu do you grow an immunity to it?

That particular strain, yes, you should. If there are mumtiple strains, then you will only be immune to the one you had i believe. Correct if wrong.

Whisper

Logic :(
That particular strain, yes, you should. If there are mumtiple strains, then you will only be immune to the one you had i believe. Correct if wrong.

That's what I was wondering, since the flu mutates so easily there must be more then one strain.

Tommi

my god whats gonna happen with this new bug found in mexico? aparently 2 people in scotland have it :( so perhaps the uk is screwed. I wonder if a cure will be found for it (i hope there is!!!)

Erm... So??

2 people in Scotland have it... doesn't mean it will hit all of us...

The media make it out to be this great disaster, life will continue.

Bird Flu anyone??

Sullivan

Wow, im fucked... yo.

First a 3 cases are possible in houston, now they are being sent to be tested, it takes like 72 hours for the results.

Now a damn toddler dies...

Now a damn kid in a high school in my district is known to have Swine, so that school was closed.

I am not to far away, Im scared.

*Runs to moms car for the medical masks and boxes of tamiflu.*

Tommi

Wow, im fucked... yo.

First a 3 cases are possible in houston, now they are being sent to be tested, it takes like 72 hours for the results.

Now a damn toddler dies...

Now a damn kid in a high school in my district is known to have Swine, so that school was closed.

I am not to far away, Im scared.

*Runs to moms car for the medical masks and boxes of tamiflu.*

There there..... If you die, we'll throw a party with food and crap, you'll like that yes?