• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedicemaster

Well, that's quite funny to see that SNES, NES, GBA and other emulators will be available EXCEPT the PSX emulator. SNES, GBA games are still being sold ( on the Wii for exemple ) so these emulators contribute to the general "piracy".

I'm not saying that I would not like to have these emulators, I'm just saying that some people here have a very weird notion of piracy.

actually, the PSX emulator will work fine in the HEN.
it will just run with the exact same restrictions as on OFW(meaning, only PSX games you obtained through PSN will work)

Davee won't prevent piracy, he's just not going to add ways to pirate directly using the HEN.(you'll need other people's homebrew for any type of piracy on the PSP except music/video piracy)

Slasher

Suck It
Well, that's quite funny to see that SNES, NES, GBA and other emulators will be available EXCEPT the PSX emulator. SNES, GBA games are still being sold ( on the Wii for exemple ) so these emulators contribute to the general "piracy".

I'm not saying that I would not like to have these emulators, I'm just saying that some people here have a very weird notion of piracy.

You need to understand how the PSX emulator works before commenting on it.

Emulators described above (GBA, SNES, NES, etc) are all in eboot format and are made by homebrew developers. Hell, there IS a PSX emulator made by homebrew developers that works just like these ones, but it runs extremely slow (like 1fps) and isn't worth the effort.

The PSX emulator that people with custom firmware use is the one that is built into the PSP and developed by actual Sony developers. It doesn't come in an eboot format, it is built into the firmware. This emulator is called POPS. It's the same emulator that is used to run official PSN games that are purchased.

Hence, the PSX emulator is not supported since Davee is not going to hack it himself. If another developer feels like hacking it, then they can go ahead and try, it's not an easy task.

mikeevd

If another developer feels like hacking it, then they can go ahead and try, it's not an easy task.

I hope everyone just reads this and stfu on the subject already. That's it, that's the bottom line. This HEN won't allow you to use ISOs but it might happen in the future if someone else decides to do it, but it isn't easy.

KBSOU

You need to understand how the PSX emulator works before commenting on it.

Emulators described above (GBA, SNES, NES, etc) are all in eboot format and are made by homebrew developers. Hell, there IS a PSX emulator made by homebrew developers that works just like these ones, but it runs extremely slow (like 1fps) and isn't worth the effort.

The PSX emulator that people with custom firmware use is the one that is built into the PSP and developed by actual Sony developers. It doesn't come in an eboot format, it is built into the firmware. This emulator is called POPS. It's the same emulator that is used to run official PSN games that are purchased.

Hence, the PSX emulator is not supported since Davee is not going to hack it himself. If another developer feels like hacking it, then they can go ahead and try, it's not an easy task.

i'm guessing it the same for ISO's so if you use some kind of iso homebrew it would as slow ???

Slasher

Suck It
i'm guessing it the same for ISO's so if you use some kind of iso homebrew it would as slow ???

Well, no.

It's not that it's slow because it's an eboot, it's slow because when a PSX emulator is created by homebrew developers they don't really know how to utilize the hardware/software to its maximum potential nearly as well as Sony does. Sony can create one with ease since they know exactly what to do and how to do it.

An ISO launching homebrew wouldn't be slow since it wouldn't be emulating it, it would just simply be launching it. It would be using the actual PSP hardware.

Honestly though this discussion isn't really ontopic for here, it deserves its own thread if people feel like discussing it any further.

alohacn said:
I wonder if the HEN can be written to the F0. If so, I needn't run the TIFF exploit again and again. Further more, DA might release a TIMEMACHINE based CFW which have the M33 installed on the memory stick. It's a good vision.

It could work for the PSP-1000 and the hackable PSP-2000s.

If the HEN *could be written to flash0, then there would to be an EBOOT have the PSP to enter UPDATE mode, and flash a custom IPL. Also through the EBOOT, the pspbtncf.bin and pspbtncf_02g.bin in the flash0 will have to be decrypted, then decompiled, modified, and [possibily] re-encrypted and then reflashed to have the HEN into the flash0 permanently. Considering that all that work has to done to make the HEN permanently flashed, I doubt that someone will actually take their time to do that. Also while there is an attempt to flash those files, there could be a failure and that leads to a brick.

Evai

Why would you waste time making the HEN write itself to flash0 on hackable psp's when you could just make it install cfw :huh:

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
due to all of the new pre-ipl posted on new PSPs, the hen is directed towards the 3000 model and 2000s with the new motherboard (TA-088V3)

LBFANSTi

If the HEN *could be written to flash0, then there would to be an EBOOT have the PSP to enter UPDATE mode, and flash a custom IPL. Also thorugh the EBOOT, the pspbtncf.bin and pspbtncf_02g.bin in the flash0 will have to be decrypted, then decompiled, modified, and [possibily] re-encrypted and then reflashed to have the HEN into the flash0 permanently. Considering that all that work has to done to make the HEN permanently flashed, I doubt that someone will actually take their time to do that. Also while there is an attempt to flash those files, there could be a failure and that leads to a brick.

x2

Is case to say that, finaly sony pwns.. and if continue with the same modus, next generation will even harder to break..

We see a perfect example on ps3.. actually it's the only home base console that is not hackable so far..

Slasher

Suck It
Why would you waste time making the HEN write itself to flash0 when you could just make it install cfw :huh:

Because custom firmware cannot be installed on newer motherboard PSP's (newer PSP-2000's, and ALL PSP-3000's).

Regardless, writing it to flash0 would be a waste of time since the tiff exploit would still have to be executed everytime. Keeping it on the memstick only makes sense.

If the HEN *could be written to flash0, then there would to be an EBOOT have the PSP to enter UPDATE mode, and flash a custom IPL. Also through the EBOOT, the pspbtncf.bin and pspbtncf_02g.bin in the flash0 will have to be decrypted, then decompiled, modified, and [possibily] re-encrypted and then reflashed to have the HEN into the flash0 permanently. Considering that all that work has to done to make the HEN permanently flashed, I doubt that someone will actually take their time to do that. Also while there is an attempt to flash those files, there could be a failure and that leads to a brick.
Either way, that's not even a possibility. We can't re-encrypt it ;)

LBFANSTi

Because custom firmware cannot be installed on newer motherboard PSP's (newer PSP-2000's, and ALL PSP-3000's).

Regardless, writing it to flash0 would be a waste of time since the tiff exploit would still have to be executed everytime. Keeping it on the memstick only makes sense.

So, to run the HEN, is still needed the .tiff, right?

Slasher said:
Either way, that's not even a possibility. We can't re-encrypt it ;)

I know. We can though recode a custom IPL (for PSP-1000s and hackable PSP-2000s) to load a decypted + modified pspbtcnf.bin / pspbtcnf_02g.bin though. *eyes glowing*

If whoever knows to how to properly code a firmware to boot, they can just add:
Code:
$/kd/systemctrl.prx VUPGA
to the boot seqeunce for the btcncf, and voila! But that modifcation/ addon to btcnf requires the custom IPL for modified btcnf and for unsigned prxs (the systemctrl.prx for HEN core) for the boot sequence to load with the firmware. It requires alot of trial and error to find the right place for the prx in the btcncf sequence, so the HEN could boot properly from flash. :D

Slasher

Suck It
So, to run the HEN, is still needed the .tiff, right?
Obviously, yes

I know. We can though recode a custom IPL (for PSP-1000s and hackable PSP-2000s) to load a decypted + modified pspbtcnf.bin / pspbtcnf_02g.bin though. *eyes glowing*

If whoever knows to how to properly code a firmware to boot, they can just add:
Code:
$/kd/systemctrl.prx VUPGA
to the boot seqeunce for the btcncf, and voila! But that modifcation/ addon to btcnf requires the custom IPL for modified btcnf and for unsigned prxs (the systemctrl.prx for HEN core) for the boot sequence to load with the firmware. It requires alot of trial and error to find the right place for the prx in the btcncf sequence, so the HEN could boot properly from flash. :D

I know all of this, but what would be the point of having HEN boot from the flash for PSP's with motherboards that can already just simply upgrade to custom firmware? There's no point in doing this whole HEN loading from flash thing if they have an already better option :p

If however TA-088v3 & TA-090v2 motherboards were able to do this, then that would be excellent. But they can't no matter how you look at it :/

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Ok, with the .tiff file in your PHOTO section on the MS, will it overrun the HEN and run the exploit? Or with the HEN file go into the GAME folder?

Slasher said:
I know all of this, but what would be the point of having HEN boot from the flash for PSP's with motherboards that can already just simply upgrade to custom firmware? There's no point in doing this whole HEN loading from flash0 thing if they have an already better option.

If however TA-088v3 & TA-090v2 motherboards are able to do this, then that would be excellent. But they can't :/

You're right. A flashed HEN is irrelevant, but it's just I wanted to say that a permanent HEN is possible for those who want it or those inspired to have it for whatever reasons regardless if they can install custom firmware or not.

Besides, flash0 writing is dangerous on HEN too so that makes the flashing idea having a great chance of not ever happening.

So in this long rant, my main point is that this is possible, but regarless of its usefulness. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.