• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Meta Moose
First, I'm shocked to see the replies to my post and find out that it's only for 5.03. It's gonna be tough for me to feel comfortable updating from my 5.01OFW to another Sony OFW - out of principle :huh:

Second, all the people who jumped on the fake leak... you're lucky it wasn't a 5.50 update(with instructions to ignore the fact it says that on the screen) or something that wrote to flash and bricked your PSPs. Best to wait for the very official release and don't just go run anything on your PSPs.

Davee and/or SiteAdmins, if you could *please* post the 5.03OFW... I'd really appreciated it. I don't wanna get scammed into updating to the wrong firmware and put myself out of HEN. I'd like to get a safe & confirmed 5.03OFW that Davee-Typhoon is writing the code for.

Thanks,

Dark-AleX - PSP Developer :)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
First, I'm shocked to see the replies to my post and find out that it's only for 5.03. It's gonna be tough for me to feel comfortable updating from my 5.01OFW to another Sony OFW - out of principle :huh:

Second, all the people who jumped on the fake leak... you're lucky it wasn't a 5.50 update(with instructions to ignore the fact it says that on the screen) or something that wrote to flash and bricked your PSPs. Best to wait for the very official release and don't just go around running anything on your PSPs.

Davee and/or SiteAdmins, if you could *please* post the 5.03OFW... I'd really appreciated it. I don't wanna get scammed into updating to the wrong firmware and put myself out of HEN. I'd like to get a safe & confirmed 5.03OFW that Davee-Typhoon is writing the code for.

Thanks,

PSP - PSP Firmware - eXophase.com Downloads

You can safely download anything from our partner eXophase.

Kuraudo

Ditto, would it be wrong to wait for the HEN and try it on 5.01 OFW before updating to confirm that the update is necessary? What was changed between 5.01 and 5.03?

TRFyuki

MessageBoxA No License!
Abe Froeman and Moose, thanks. -^_^- Those are definitely trust-worthy downloads.

Ditto, would it be wrong to wait for the HEN and try it on 5.01 OFW before updating to confirm that the update is necessary? What was changed between 5.01 and 5.03?

That's what I'm going to do!
I'm not updating until I see DaveeHEN crash on my 5.01OFW... only after doing that numerous times, then I'll update. And I'm not even sure why, cuz the links for the 5.03OFW provided by the admins are sound. It's just out of principle - I've never updated from OFW->OFW before. :p Even when M33 came out, I was on 1.50 FolderName% for the longest time with my old PSP. I was paranoid that any update would wreck the homebrew.

shadow

This is a real exciting time for PSP-3000 owners. Thanks for all the hard work on this one davee. It's great to see the scene is still alive and kicking strong!

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Sooo. Its not released yet?

And on another note: The HEN isnt going to be updated in the future?(after its release, of course.)

Another newb question, We would still need the .tiff file with the HEN? Because im pretty sure that both h.bins would overwrite the other one, or just keep both?

przemekk121

Hello everyone. It seems to me that now is a good time for it to cool champagne;))

Lemme get some facts straight.

HEN is designed to ONLY work on 5.03. Those who are on other firmwares need to update 5.03 to utilise HEN.

I am hoping for HEN release either later today or tomorrow, it depends on many factors (as currently I am not at home).

Also, I recommend everyone to take a look at the rules of this site. There is a lot of breaches occuring and it doesn't look good.

Mazaii

But if not not big deal,we will just have to wait patiently like we have been doing before

ok, righty....let`s wait another few days or weeka...we`d used to...lalalllaaaaaaaalaalaaaa...am i getting mad???? doctor, doctor, please help...))))ok it`s just a joke)) i have a serious question....must I launch HEN everytime when I want to launch homebrew?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
All off-topic posts or spam posts have been deleted (recent ones at least). Any post that says "I can't wait" or anything of that nature will be promptly deleted to maintain a clean and efficient discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.