• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 3

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Here you go. If you use them, let me know.

9KFDK-RJ4VJ-KP993-D4KMG-VQJMZ
9KQGY-RCWRV-27K4T-YGJ94-PP39Z

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i tried earlier this morning to find a room, but i wasn't able to connect to any, just kept going through ~15 possible matches, but not connecting to any, anyone experience this?
(i let it run for ~20 minutes before i gave up)

Seth

MD Party Room
I got the other one Abe thanks.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah mine's are open and I haven't had any connection issues at all. I suggest opening them up anyways, it will improve online play for all games.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
A strict NAT type will definitely prevent you from playing certain games (it at least makes getting into a party/game extremely difficult). Even if you could get it to Moderate it would work much better.

As far as this beta goes: I was never a huge fan of the MP of Gears but for some reason I'm hooked on the beta now. I love almost everything about the MP in this game. The hit detection is awesome, weapons are pretty balanced against each other, the maps are pretty well laid out to not give any one side an advantage. The ability to see where the special weapons are on the map with the LB is awesome (don't know if it was in the other Gears since I never played MP). I'm a sucker for the hammerburst

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
It really is balanced Frozen, and I agree that the Hammetburst is a beast. Really all weapons have a sweet spot for taking you down quick, it's all about identifying what you're up against.

I went full nerd on Gears since the beta started and grabbed the books. I've only read the first one, but it did a great job at rounding out the characters. You can actually just Google the names of the books and add PDF to the end and read them for free if you want.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
It really is balanced Frozen, and I agree that the Hammetburst is a beast. Really all weapons have a sweet spot for taking you down quick, it's all about identifying what you're up against.

I went full nerd on Gears since the beta started and grabbed the books. I've only read the first one, but it did a great job at rounding out the characters. You can actually just Google the names of the books and add PDF to the end and read them for free if you want.

Me...read...for "pleasure"! Ha! I'm not a huge reader, only read required literature for classes and such.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm really interested in the Gears universe so I'll probably look up the books sometime. I wished I could play the beta more but work has just got me busy and not really in a gaming mood lately.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
alright, so, tried again to get into a match, with ~10k people supposedly on, i waited about 20 minutes before i gave up

unfortunately, their's no way i can get off a strict nat, my entire internet is through an iphone on at&t, it's at&t's firewalls that prevent me from getting anything better than strict

this kindof sucks, i'm used to having a difficult time talking to my friends over xbox live, but i generally don't have problems playing games, and you guys are making this game sound amazing=-(

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Well I'm pretty sure your online MP experience would be pretty shitty if it's done through an iPhone anyway.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Well I'm pretty sure your online MP experience would be pretty shitty if it's done through an iPhone anyway.

you'd be surprised actually, my ping time is generally ~200ms, so i'm only really 1/5th of a second in lag terms, perhaps less since that's round trip, so, i don't notice anything on my end in terms of lag, and i do fairly good imo.

Granted when i go to a friends house who has great internet, i do far better than i do at home, so, i don't know if the reason i do alright at home is because i've learned to cope with the very minor input lag.

either way, playing over 3G network works pretty well with online MP games, i just don't know why gears can't connect me on strict, it's matchmaking ability's should be similar to most other fps games.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
you'd be surprised actually, my ping time is generally ~200ms, so i'm only really 1/5th of a second in lag terms, perhaps less since that's round trip, so, i don't notice anything on my end in terms of lag, and i do fairly good imo.

Granted when i go to a friends house who has great internet, i do far better than i do at home, so, i don't know if the reason i do alright at home is because i've learned to cope with the very minor input lag.

either way, playing over 3G network works pretty well with online MP games, i just don't know why gears can't connect me on strict, it's matchmaking ability's should be similar to most other fps games.

Well part of the issue may be the use of dedicated servers which not many console games feature so that could be a distinguishing factor