• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
IS THERE A WAY JUST TO DOWNLOAD TO 1.50????
OR IT JUST INSTALL 3.71 WITHOUT ANY OPTIONS

any reason why you want to install 1.50? This auto installs 3.71 M33.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

codered

hi, not sure this question has ben ask b4...if i've a 3.6 and want2 upgrade2 3.7 do i still need the "FAT battery"? thks advance... :)

beef1991

Help again!!

Hi Men!
look here in the final step , step 12 you have:

Quote:
C:\pandora\msinst>msinst X msipl.bin
PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL Code msipl.bin
241664 bytes (58 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 7
Check partation Sector
boot status 0x80
start head 0x05
start sec/cyl 0x0004
partation type 0x06
Are You Sure ? [Y]

in mine it appers
Quote:
C:\pandora\msinst>msinst X msipl.bin
PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL Code msipl.bin
241664 bytes (59 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 1
Check partation Sector
boot status 0x80
start head 0x05
start sec/cyl 0x0004
partation type 0x06
Are You Sure ? [Y]

Is there any problm in this diferences?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
no problem, as long as it says "Write MS BOOT CODE" after entering Y then it means it was successful.

atari_x99

Thanks for the guide. I was able to upgrade my crisis core psp to 3.71 m33-2. I just have a question with regards to playing psx games. Can this new firmware play psx iso's directly or do i still need to convert my psx cd's to eboots? Thanks again. (Sorry for the noob question)

normantjtan

hey! may i ask?whats the use fo pandora battery and magic memory stick? does it means that the batt can last longer and the memory stick can hold more memory?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey! may i ask?whats the use fo pandora battery and magic memory stick? does it means that the batt can last longer and the memory stick can hold more memory?

no, read the first page of the guide.

This tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a "Pandora's Battery" and a "magic memory stick," which when used in conjunction can unbrick, restore, and downgrade any PSP firmware.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I used this guide today for two psps(one ceramic white and the other one piano black), Very well written and fool proof!

X3Sphere you pwn!

jimex289

Hello I just tried this method on a fat PSP and everything went fine. The only problem was when I went to try and load one of my dumped games, it gave me a "game could not be started error". Any solutions? It doesn't do this with PSP Slim so I find it really strange.