• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

kirbyboychoy

Can't pass step 16.

:sad:

I just bought another Phat PSP, but this one is second hand. It is using firmware 3.93 OFW. My other Phat PSP is using firmware 3.90 m33-2.

1st question: Can I use this to downgrade the OFW to the CFW?

Using my old PSP wih CFW I can't figure out step one "First boot up the PSP into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and make sure the GAME folder homebrew setting is set to 3.X Kernel. Exit recovery mode."

When I do that there is no GAME folder homebrew setting that I can find. I only have Config, run program, advanced, cpu speed, plugins, registry hacks and exit for my options.

I just continue and got stuck at step 16. The process did not finished, I waited for 15 minutes. I got the error message on top about the code but it continue and got stuck when it said time to get a cofee.

What am I missing here...

Please help.... :confused1:

kirbyboychoy

Can I use this to downgrade a 3.93 OFW to the 3.80 M33-5 CFW?

Please help I don't i got stuck on step 16. I have firmware

I used my other phat PSP with CFW 3.90 m33-2 with no kernel add-on, is that okay?

I can't figure out step one cuz I cant find the "GAME folder homebrew setting" but i continue anyway to step two.

Acerthief

If you don't have the kernel add-on,then the game folder kernel is set to 3.90 (because there is ONLY 3.90 kernel if you don't have the kernel add-on installed)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
:sad:

I just bought another Phat PSP, but this one is second hand. It is using firmware 3.93 OFW. My other Phat PSP is using firmware 3.90 m33-2.

1st question: Can I use this to downgrade the OFW to the CFW?

Using my old PSP wih CFW I can't figure out step one "First boot up the PSP into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and make sure the GAME folder homebrew setting is set to 3.X Kernel. Exit recovery mode."

When I do that there is no GAME folder homebrew setting that I can find. I only have Config, run program, advanced, cpu speed, plugins, registry hacks and exit for my options.

I just continue and got stuck at step 16. The process did not finished, I waited for 15 minutes. I got the error message on top about the code but it continue and got stuck when it said time to get a cofee.

What am I missing here...

Please help.... :confused1:

The option you speak of can be found inside of configuration. Also yes this can be used to downgrade a PSP running official 3.93 firmware.

kirbyboychoy

How long does it usaully take to install a 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick? the first thing that pops-up is an error message then the second one and the third which says time for you to take a coffee break.. and got stuck. I waited about 15 min. but I lost patience and reboot the PSP. Is this normal?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How long does it usaully take to install a 1.50 firmware, containing Pandora, to the memory stick? the first thing that pops-up is an error message then the second one and the third which says time for you to take a coffee break.. and got stuck. I waited about 15 min. but I lost patience and reboot the PSP. Is this normal?

Shouldn't take that long - try formatting the memory stick and copy all the files back over and try it again.

shadowgrifter

Safe Choice

Hi to all mods,admins and everyone,

Well Im new here and have read some of the post in this thread. I have a fat PSP original firmware 3.90 and Im planning to convert it to Custom firmware using magicmemstick/pandora. I will use my brother's fat PSP CFW 3.90 M33 to make one.

I have read from previous post that fake SonyMemstick might mess it up, so is it better to use the SCANDISK memstick? coz I know I got a fake one(check it thru other threads). or give the fake one a try,but Im afraid of bricking it up,coz we both have no Pandora to back it up.

And my battery says SONY 3.6v 1800mAh is it the same thing as this > Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack(from requirements)?

Can you enlighten me please..:biggrin: Interesting Guide and well detailed!! The best one!

AznSaiyan

Hi to all mods,admins and everyone,

Well Im new here and have read some of the post in this thread. I have a fat PSP original firmware 3.90 and Im planning to convert it to Custom firmware using magicmemstick/pandora. I will use my brother's fat PSP CFW 3.90 M33 to make one.

I have read from previous post that fake SonyMemstick might mess it up, so is it better to use the SCANDISK memstick? coz I know I got a fake one(check it thru other threads). or give the fake one a try,but Im afraid of bricking it up,coz we both have no Pandora to back it up.

And my battery says SONY 3.6v 1800mAh is it the same thing as this > Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack(from requirements)?

Can you enlighten me please..:biggrin: Interesting Guide and well detailed!! The best one!

If your battery is original from sony then yes you can use it.
Also about the memorysticks I have one fake too. It is 2GB high speed Sony. This one can be used.
I rather use the original 1gb MS from sony.

ExstaZ

I have the old phat PSP and its upgraded to 3.93 offical firmware. When i hold down R and boot it up i get no safe mode :/ I tried launching the Pandora isntaller anyways but no luck. Please tell how to get to the safe mode. I pushed R before i boot up the psp and held it down, pushed right after i boot it up and different combos but no luck.

shadowgrifter

I got the 4gb sonymemstick pro duo,and I know its fake..and from previous thread,there is one incident that he brick his PSP because of using fake memstick..and on the reply they say Id rather use scandisk..Im just wondering if I'll buy the scandisk,coz there are heaps of sony fake memstick out there..compared to scandisk..so is it better to buy the scandisk? coz sony is a bit expensive..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I got the 4gb sonymemstick pro duo,and I know its fake..and from previous thread,there is one incident that he brick his PSP because of using fake memstick..and on the reply they say Id rather use scandisk..Im just wondering if I'll buy the scandisk,coz there are heaps of sony fake memstick out there..compared to scandisk..so is it better to buy the scandisk? coz sony is a bit expensive..

Definitely get the Sandisk. They are cheaper than Sony branded sticks and actually perform much better.

pikhachu

THis thread ruuulezzzz...i've tried all other frikin methodz,but this one is by far the best...thanks for all the hard work ...God Bless

Fako

hey guys, i downgraded my friend's slim using the pandora & magic stick.. im at the last step where we have to boot it. the red screen just always pop up.. that psp cant be bricked i know but hell why is it doing this, the tutorial i'm using says i gotta coldboot it when it freezes but we just did it about 50 times now and the blue screen wont show up.. what am i doing wrong?

Fako

hey guys, i downgraded my friend's slim using the pandora & magic stick.. im at the last step where we have to boot it. the red screen just always pop up.. that psp cant be bricked i know but hell why is it doing this, the tutorial i'm using says i gotta coldboot it when it freezes but we just did it about 50 times now and the blue screen wont show up.. what am i doing wrong?

anyone please?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Only need to post once. I don't know, a red screen is very odd. Can you access recovery mode (hold R during bootup)?

If so, select Advanced from the menu and then choose format flash1.

stde

hi, x3sphere I have a question here.
I have a psp slim with 3.71M33-3. Recently, I made a pandora battery and magic memory stick using my psp slim and succesfully moded my brother's psp 1000 from 3.40 to 3.71m33-4.
The problem is when I use the same method to create the pandora battery and magic memory stick to try to downgrade my friend's psp slim 3.80. I does not work. When I insert the memory stick first and then the battery, all I saw was the green light on the power light. Both the memory stick and wifi light didnt not work. I have tried with sony 512mb, sandisk 2gb, sandisk 4gb and sony 4gb. None of them work. However, they all work on the phat psp but not the psp slim with either new 1200 or old 1800 battery. So do you know what the problem is? Thank you

stde

never mind. problem solved. I didnt know theres a tutorial on the first page of the post.
and ya I used sandisk 4gb with slim battery. Just want to report another success : )

vegeta25pr

ok guys im new here and i really need some help with this app ive done everything exactly how it says ...but for some reason i dont not know, after i press O to pandorize the battery and exit then coldboot it the pandora menu doesnt come out :( it just goes to the xmb :(

the first time i used it, it worked :( i even used this guide but now it wont work for some reason :( ??? any help ?
thanks