• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Glad you got it working, apparently installing the Time Machine IPL is required for DC5. I'll have to rewrite some portions of the guide for this. For now, I've restored the old DC4 guide.

When i put the MS then the battery in it boots to the XMB and i get the same system settings are corrupt. No installer no nothing. I followed your steps to a T. Whats wrong? I'm did the installation on my friends psp which is phat and has 3.71M33-4.?

The guide was updated yesterday to use DC5 and it doesn't work without installing the Time Machine IPL. For now we've restored the old guide. You can follow Coy's instructions here or follow the magic memory stick portion of the guide again on the first page.

dpwykes

Same Problem

I think there is something wrong (in the guide), i dunno. when i put in the magic memory stick and the pandora battery it boots me to the xmb, strange huh?. there are no screen that tells you to upgrade or whatsoever.

I'm also having the same problem. Had no problems on the old version
Have retried a number of times however the PSP still boots straight to the XMB

Darren

EDIT
I've just read the above update
I had just created the Memory Stick prior the the guide being changed back

Glycerin

hi, i just made a magic memory stick and panora battery. but when i test it by restartring it. it just booted up normally? i had no different meny or anything? i have 3.90 m33.

plz help?!

Acerthief

hi, i just made a magic memory stick and panora battery. but when i test it by restartring it. it just booted up normally? i had no different meny or anything? i have 3.90 m33.

plz help?!

Take out your memory stick and battery, hold you battery and dance around the room for 20 seconds (well you don't have to dance XD) then insert the memory stick FIRST then the battery.

Now try again.

amder

i have 1 psp battery wid me and was wondering that after downgrading my psp how can i convert my battery bak to normal.and i also have 1 memory stick and would like to noe if i cn turn it bak to normal by reformating it.thnxs

Richlando

You can use Hellcat's Pandora Installer to convert the battery back to normal.And if that's successful,make sure it is by converting the battery back to normal,rebooting,reloading the app and verifiying the serial for the battery was changed back to normal then it's ok to reformat your memory stick.

Glycerin

i have another question, and thanks for the help acerthief!
the question is: I am going to buy a new battery to make it a pandora one, but that would mean to buy a new mem stick too. Now i was wondering, if i have made it a special memory card can i still put games etc on it aftwerwards??

Acerthief

i have another question, and thanks for the help acerthief!
the question is: I am going to buy a new battery to make it a pandora one, but that would mean to buy a new mem stick too. Now i was wondering, if i have made it a special memory card can i still put games etc on it aftwerwards??

Sure. Note that the magic memory stick is only "Logically" formatted, so only the first few bytes were moved/resized. The rest of the stick is the same.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can we use DC5 instead of DC4 in this tutorial ?
That means installing 3.90M33-3 instead of 3.80M33-5 .

The guide has been updated for use with DC5 now. If you already have DC4 installed, just start from step 18 on the magic memory stick portion. Tested it myself and works fine.

KAV32

Nice! I've been struggling since the release of the DC5 to get it to work! But now I got it down! :]

Moldernado

I followed this guide step by step, but when I reached the 'Usage'-part I can't seem to boot by holding Up.

The PSP I used to make the pandora and the magic memory was a PSP Slim with CFW 3.80 M33 and the battery was a 1200 mAh one. The memory is a Sandisk Ultra II.

What did I do wrong?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I followed this guide step by step, but when I reached the 'Usage'-part I can't seem to boot by holding Up.

The PSP I used to make the pandora and the magic memory was a PSP Slim with CFW 3.80 M33 and the battery was a 1200 mAh one. The memory is a Sandisk Ultra II.

What did I do wrong?

First did you take out the battery and reinsert it if you are doing this on the same PSP you used to create the battery? Also try booting the PSP with the battery inserted, but no memory stick. If it boots to a black screen then that means the battery was converted correctly.

Moldernado

Wait a second, when were you supposed to take out the battery and reinsert it?

From the looks of it, most people are claiming you can *not* make a pandora battery with a slim? What's the deal with this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wait a second, when were you supposed to take out the battery and reinsert it?

From the looks of it, most people are claiming you can *not* make a pandora battery with a slim? What's the deal with this?

Under the usage instructions:

Note: Provided you followed the instructions above, this process will work on any PSP, regardless of the hardware. If you are performing the following steps on the same PSP you used to create the battery with make sure to remove and then reinsert the battery.

The changes to the battery won't take effect until its removed and then inserted again.

And you can use a Slim to create a Pandora battery.

Moldernado

I tried two times, it won't work. After clicking CIRCLE to turn the battery into a Pandora one, I shut down the PSP. Then I take the battery out and reinsert it and then I hold UP while booting, but I just get the normal menu.

The PSP Slim I'm trying this with has 3.80 M33-5 CFW.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I tried two times, it won't work. After clicking CIRCLE to turn the battery into a Pandora one, I shut down the PSP. Then I take the battery out and reinsert it and then I hold UP while booting, but I just get the normal menu.

The PSP Slim I'm trying this with has 3.80 M33-5 CFW.

To isolate the problem can you try booting your PSP with only the battery inserted and not the magic memory stick. If the PSP boots fine then this is an issue with the battery. If it boots to a black screen then this is an issue with the files on the stick.

Moldernado

Yeah I tried doing this a few more times. It won't work with these batteries. I even tried updating to 3.90 M33-3 and booting, without the magic memstick. :/.

The memorystick I have is a Sandisk Memory Duo Ultra II 4GB, if that matters.

Very well, cheers.