• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

pun

if i have PSP Pandora Battery and Magic Memory stick already can i put cfw on a new psp 2000 by

1.While holding UP on the directional pad (is it a problem that i bought it online and their instructions don't include this part ) boot the PSP with the magic memory stick and the Pandora Battery inserted.

2.You will be presented with a menu telling you to press X to install 3.90 M33 Press X.

3. Memory stick LED should begin flashing. Wait around 5-10 minutes, when the LED stops flashing the process is completed.

4. Now press X to complete the installation - it's imperative that you do this.

5. Boot up the PSP with a regular non-Pandora battery. You may be presented with a BSOD, but just press X or O to restore settings.

6. And that's it. You're now running 3.90 M33-3

if i'm wrong please help

and this is what the person i got it from said

Remove any UMD in the drive and make sure the PSP is not plugged into the charger.

Insert the magic memory stick.
Insert your Pandora's battery.
The system will automatically boot and display options to load the CF 390 m33-3 or the original 3.90 firmware.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Should work. If an older version of the universal unbricker is on the stick you won't have to hold any specific button at bootup - only the latest version requires that.

Do you know what firmware is on the stick by any chance? Just checking because firmware 1.5 won't install on a Slim. 3.60 M33 and above work fine, however.

pun

thanks its probably because its an older version of the universal unbricker (does it matter)

fw is CF 390 m33-3

and wow is it really that easy (with proper stick and battery) thats less work than my 360

lp4u

Should work. If an older version of the universal unbricker is on the stick you won't have to hold any specific button at bootup - only the latest version requires that.

Do you know what firmware is on the stick by any chance? Just checking because firmware 1.5 won't install on a Slim. 3.60 M33 and above work fine, however.

if i follow this thread, what firmware will it install on my psp slim? 3.90m33-3 right? but what i don't understand is why it includes the 1.50 and 3.40 firmwares? will the 1.50 firmware not "brick" my psp slim? its only this part that i don't understand

thank you for your replies

andrewwan1980

I've been comparing this guide with the guide at http://forums.noobz.eu/downgrader-support/temp-wakarus-next-guide-in-progress-x/0/ and noticed once difference. This guide uses Time Machine. The other guide doesn't. What would be the significance of missing out Time Machine, and is it a compulsory step for Time Machine?

2nd query: Notice how this upgrades PSP to 3.90. The a new version comes out and we have to go through the whole procedure updating our magic stick. I liked the classic old Pandora where it just downgrades to 1.50... and then we can do upgrade to whatever version we like. But the again Time Machine will be useful.

3rd query: Is it possible to downgrade slim to 1.50 and leave it at 1.50? Or does slim have a min. working FW (like 1.60 I think)?

Noobe

14. Copy the 1.50 update to the root of your memory stick (X:\UPDATE.PBP, if X is the drive letter of your PSP).

I have a quick question. The step above is where im stuck at now. How long is the PSP supposed to take where it says go get some coffee? Because mine has been there all day and i cant tell if its working or not. By the way im using my cfw psp to create a magic memory card for my friends psp

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
if i follow this thread, what firmware will it install on my psp slim? 3.90m33-3 right? but what i don't understand is why it includes the 1.50 and 3.40 firmwares? will the 1.50 firmware not "brick" my psp slim? its only this part that i don't understand

thank you for your replies

Some parts of 1.50 are required for the installation process, but this installs only 3.90 M33-3 on your PSP. The initial release of the universal unbricker simply installed firmware 1.5 instead of M33.

I've been comparing this guide with the guide at http://forums.noobz.eu/downgrader-support/temp-wakarus-next-guide-in-progress-x/0/ and noticed once difference. This guide uses Time Machine. The other guide doesn't. What would be the significance of missing out Time Machine, and is it a compulsory step for Time Machine?

2nd query: Notice how this upgrades PSP to 3.90. The a new version comes out and we have to go through the whole procedure updating our magic stick. I liked the classic old Pandora where it just downgrades to 1.50... and then we can do upgrade to whatever version we like. But the again Time Machine will be useful.

3rd query: Is it possible to downgrade slim to 1.50 and leave it at 1.50? Or does slim have a min. working FW (like 1.60 I think)?

Following this guide won't fully install Time Machine on your memory stick, it only installs the Time Machine IPL.

As to why the Noobz guide does not mention running TM, note this step in particular: Once finished, you'lll get back to the XMB. If you had TimeMachine already installed, then skip to the next step. Otherwise connect the PSP to your PC again through the USB Cable and enable the USB Mode in the PSP Settings. Click THIS LINK, and save the config.txt file into the /TM folder of your memory stick.

I guess the config file tells DC5 to ignore loading the TM IPL. First time I've heard of that method. And no it is not possible to install 1.5 on a Slim PSP. The lowest firmware you can install is 3.60.

14. Copy the 1.50 update to the root of your memory stick (X:\UPDATE.PBP, if X is the drive letter of your PSP).

I have a quick question. The step above is where im stuck at now. How long is the PSP supposed to take where it says go get some coffee? Because mine has been there all day and i cant tell if its working or not. By the way im using my cfw psp to create a magic memory card for my friends psp

Doesn't take very long... maybe around 10 minutes. I would try backing up all data and then format the memory stick and see if that solves the problem. Also try re-downloading the 150.PBP.. maybe your download somehow got corrupted.

Noobe

Doesn't take very long... maybe around 10 minutes. I would try backing up all data and then format the memory stick and see if that solves the problem. Also try re-downloading the 150.PBP.. maybe your download somehow got corrupted.[/QUOTE]

Its cool i found out what i was doing wrong thanks. But now i have a problem this is what i did. I followed the instructions and got it to work.On my cfw psp. So what i did is i took off the battery from my official psp and put it in the cfw psp and pandorized it as it says on the screen.

Then i exit and restarted it. But now the Official or the cfw psp wont load with the newly pandorized battery? But when i put my already pandorized battery from my cfw into either one it works just fine but i cant get into the menu by holding up to install the cfw on the official psp.

So im at a loss here and i would appreciate whatever help your able to give me because it looks like the battery is dead. Everytime i attempt to load it with the newly pandorized battery i get a black screen with no activity but i do get a green light next to the power. So can you tell me what i did wrong and if there is anyway to fix the problem with the battery, Or if im out of luck and will have to buy a new one? If so which battery do you reccomend buying the same sony battery or another type?

PS: I also had a game in the PSP called Riviera so i dont know if that would have made any difference or not

sliver

sliver's in da house....!!!
Help me!! I've updated my fat PSP using the 'Network Update' option in the PSP menu and now my PSP updated with 'Version 3.90'. After the update successful, I can't seemed to play anymore games from my 'MagicStick' (ISO/CSO formats). When I inserted my MagicStick to my brother's PSP, it's working as usual! My brother's PSP is running on 'M3.80 M33-2' (same as mine before the upgrade). How do I go about in getting my PSP to be able to play those ISO/CSO games? Appreciate any advice either in downgrading the firmware or upgrade to newer version, as long as it works.... Please help me!!

Acerthief

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Doesn't take very long... maybe around 10 minutes. I would try backing up all data and then format the memory stick and see if that solves the problem. Also try re-downloading the 150.PBP.. maybe your download somehow got corrupted.

Its cool i found out what i was doing wrong thanks. But now i have a problem this is what i did. I followed the instructions and got it to work.On my cfw psp. So what i did is i took off the battery from my official psp and put it in the cfw psp and pandorized it as it says on the screen.

Then i exit and restarted it. But now the Official or the cfw psp wont load with the newly pandorized battery? But when i put my already pandorized battery from my cfw into either one it works just fine but i cant get into the menu by holding up to install the cfw on the official psp.

So im at a loss here and i would appreciate whatever help your able to give me because it looks like the battery is dead. Everytime i attempt to load it with the newly pandorized battery i get a black screen with no activity but i do get a green light next to the power. So can you tell me what i did wrong and if there is anyway to fix the problem with the battery, Or if im out of luck and will have to buy a new one? If so which battery do you reccomend buying the same sony battery or another type?

PS: I also had a game in the PSP called Riviera so i dont know if that would have made any difference or not

It might be an incompatible battery. Where did you purchase it from? I've noticed there are a few online shops selling counterfeit batteries that do not work with Pandora.

Noobe

It might be an incompatible battery. Where did you purchase it from? I've noticed there are a few online shops selling counterfeit batteries that do not work with Pandora.

No its actually an offical sony battery that came with his PSP. The Same as the one i have in my PSP. It works but its weird. I turn it on and what it does is nothing at all. I get a blackscreen. But when i pull out the magic memory card then It boots up directly to the XMB. Until i do that then nothing will happen. Just a black screen and the green light. I got back in the program that pandorizes the battery on my psp and repandorized the battery and nothing. Then i normalized the battery and still nothing.. So would it be safe to assume that the battery is no good and i need a new one? If so would u recommend me getting another of the same sony battery or a different type?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
No its actually an offical sony battery that came with his PSP. The Same as the one i have in my PSP. It works but its weird. I turn it on and what it does is nothing at all. I get a blackscreen. But when i pull out the magic memory card then It boots up directly to the XMB. Until i do that then nothing will happen. Just a black screen and the green light. I got back in the program that pandorizes the battery on my psp and repandorized the battery and nothing. Then i normalized the battery and still nothing.. So would it be safe to assume that the battery is no good and i need a new one? If so would u recommend me getting another of the same sony battery or a different type?

Hmm... that's strange. Thing is, if the battery is not being recognized as Pandora, the PSP won't read the files on your memory stick at all -- meaning it should boot as normal.

But the fact that the PSP is booting to a black screen with only the battery inserted means the battery is in fact being recognized as Pandora.

That being said, all signs point to a problem with the magic memory stick. Can you try following the entire magic memory stick portion of the guide again? Maybe you missed a step.

Noobe

Hmm... that's strange. Thing is, if the battery is not being recognized as Pandora, the PSP won't read the files on your memory stick at all -- meaning it should boot as normal.

But the fact that the PSP is booting to a black screen with only the battery inserted means the battery is in fact being recognized as Pandora.

That being said, all signs point to a problem with the magic memory stick. Can you try following the entire magic memory stick portion of the guide again? Maybe you missed a step.

I thought so as well. And i actually redid all of the stepos for the magic memory stick three different times and no cigar. Same result....i even tried putting my battery from my cfw psp and it just boots up as normal. So i dont know whats going on at this point

Noobe

I thought so as well. And i actually redid all of the stepos for the magic memory stick three different times and no cigar. Same result....i even tried putting my battery from my cfw psp and it just boots up as normal. So i dont know whats going on at this point

Nevermind sir i got it working i found out it was the memory card i was using.I was using a new Sony 8 gig memory card to make a magic memory stick and wasnt working. Then i tried a 2 gig scandisk memory card i have and it worked just fine. Thanks for all your help and your guide

jason212

PSP1000/PSP1006 VER3.11

Is there anyone can help to solve my problem..

Those PSP which is hardware mod previously (psp 1000/psp1006 ver3.11) are unable to upgrade to 3.90m33-3 by using pandora battery but remain only at 3.52 m33-4. The screen found blank and green light is on when using pandora, this case and "Noobe" case look alike.

Pls guide and explain. tkx!

Regards, JJ

Malikaa

battery

QUOTE: "5. Boot up the PSP with a regular non-Pandora battery. You may be presented with a BSOD, but just press X or O to restore settings."

Well i dont want to mess anything up here, I only own 1 battery (which I have just converted to pandora) is it IMPERITIVE that I put in a non-pandora battery? or should I go buy a new battery?

-- thanks

Acerthief

QUOTE: "5. Boot up the PSP with a regular non-Pandora battery. You may be presented with a BSOD, but just press X or O to restore settings."

Well i dont want to mess anything up here, I only own 1 battery (which I have just converted to pandora) is it IMPERITIVE that I put in a non-pandora battery? or should I go buy a new battery?

-- thanks

Stick your AC Adapter (aka charger) into your PSP, without the battery.
This is your way if you only have one battery.

Then you can convert your battery back after it's done.