• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

Malikaa

one more teensy question

Stick your AC Adapter (aka charger) into your PSP, without the battery.
This is your way if you only have one battery.

Then you can convert your battery back after it's done.

Thank you very much for that indeed, now i gots me a modded psp |D; thank god I didnt brick the thing..

MMks one more question before I fly away, Do I leave all those files (the ones through the tutorial) where they are on my psp, or can they be deleted? Dunno if this will harm the psp ect.

Acerthief

Thank you very much for that indeed, now i gots me a modded psp |D; thank god I didnt brick the thing..

MMks one more question before I fly away, Do I leave all those files (the ones through the tutorial) where they are on my psp, or can they be deleted? Dunno if this will harm the psp ect.

Both is okay.

You can delete it if you need space, or leave it just in case you bricked your PSP by accident someday.

jason212

Is there anyone can help to solve my problem..

Those PSP which is hardware mod previously (psp 1000/psp1006 ver3.11) are unable to upgrade to 3.90m33-3 by using pandora battery but remain only at 3.52 m33-4. The screen found blank and green light is on when using pandora, this case and "Noobe" case look alike.

Pls guide and explain. tkx!

Regards, JJ

Till date still nobody reply my question. So sad!!

Acerthief

Is there anyone can help to solve my problem..

Those PSP which is hardware mod previously (psp 1000/psp1006 ver3.11) are unable to upgrade to 3.90m33-3 by using pandora battery but remain only at 3.52 m33-4. The screen found blank and green light is on when using pandora, this case and "Noobe" case look alike.

Pls guide and explain. tkx!

Regards, JJ

My PSP was hardmodded and I had 3.90M33 installed with Pandora. You can do a blind install. The keys are just too messed up, you'll need to look for a clean set on the net and replace some of them.

That's how.

jason212

My PSP was hardmodded and I had 3.90M33 installed with Pandora. You can do a blind install. The keys are just too messed up, you'll need to look for a clean set on the net and replace some of them.

That's how.

Thanks for your reply. Are there any website which I can refer. Really no idea what do you mean by blind install. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason

Acerthief

Thanks for your reply. Are there any website which I can refer. Really no idea what do you mean by blind install. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason

blind install = installing with no text shown on the screen.
Basically that's what I had, the green power light still is on, so i pressed X, even though nothing is shown on the screen, you can still see the wifi and memory stick light flashing, meaning it's installing. After the lights stop flashing, press X again to turn off the system.

Even though I saw nothing through the screen, I still had it installed :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
why dont you add something for 4.01 FW (not cFW) users?

Because it's not possible, at this time, to run homebrew code on 4.01 on official firmware.

Tristis

Completely lost...

Apologies in advance for being a complete chicken/n00b when it comes to this stuff.

I have a PSP Slim (the silver one from the Daxter bundle) running 3.95. Everything is legitimate, I've never modified anything besides changing the wallpaper. It's currently running a 4G memory stick, but also have access to a 1G, both Sony brand.

Currently, the only person I know with a homebrewed PSP is in New Hamphire, and I'm in Florida. So all in all, I don't have ready access to any of this stuff discussed (previously CFWed PSPs, pandora batteries and all that).

Is there anything I can do on my own (minus hardmodding the battery, no way, I am not opening that) or do I just have to wait until my friend comes back and use his PSP to do mine?

Thanks!

B2K24

You can either walk the malls, arcades, hotspot hangouts and say hey you with a PSP is that M33 FW you're running?
Can you run OSPBT on my battery right quick man that would be great :w00t:

or if you can buy online check out
http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.603

If I convert it to a pandora can it still operate as a normal battery or do i have to buy a new one?
you can use the OSPBT to go from service mode battery to standard battery serial. In my case though I find it easier to make all my battery's pandora and I have installed the Timemachine IPL to all my memory sticks so even with a jigkick the PSP will boot to XMB normally unless I have my magic ELF stick inserted.

jason212

blind install = installing with no text shown on the screen.
Basically that's what I had, the green power light still is on, so i pressed X, even though nothing is shown on the screen, you can still see the wifi and memory stick light flashing, meaning it's installing. After the lights stop flashing, press X again to turn off the system.

Even though I saw nothing through the screen, I still had it installed :)

Its work!!! Tq so much...

XTangible

Exiled
Problem

Ok here it is. My psp is official fw 4.01, I only have one battery and memory card, and noone I know has cfw. How can I get to cfw?!?! Am I @?!#%! or is there hope?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok here it is. My psp is official fw 4.01, I only have one battery and memory card, and noone I know has cfw. How can I get to cfw?!?! Am I @?!#%! or is there hope?

Sorry, but using a Pandora battery and magic memory stick is the only way to install custom firmware on official 4.01. You can purchase a pre-converted battery at the link B2K24 posted above. If you don't know anyone else nearby that has CFW, that's your best bet.

EDIT: Please stop posting the same thing over again in different threads. Once is enough.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You should update this to 4.01, but a bit later, since it seems like 4.01 M33-3 is coming soon.

Yeah, but D_A first needs to update Despertar del Cementerio to support the 4.01 files.

Pranzer

Hi I am also a noob in PSP CFW! I just updated my psp to 4.01 and I'm try to install the 4.01 m33 but error occur. I've been reading the guide, but after I reformat my memory stick 1gig scandisk and run pandora installer for 3.xx r3b, THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED. (80020148). and i'm lock up!

Please help

Pranzer

Ok I've been reading a lot of OFW to CFW ... but there is no direct guide for 4.01 OFW to be 4.01 m33. and there is no release of homebrew for 4.xx. Please is there anybody knows a tutorial for this kindly post the website...

One more is it ok to use this guide ( http://www.psperspective.net/index.php?showtopic=2811) if I have 4.01 OFW..

Thank you for your reply.