• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Xbox Experience Out Now!

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Hardly said:
8 Person Private Chat.
SAFE!
Thanks.
But it's not possible to install this to see what it's like then revert to blades before november 19th?

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
FullMetalCat said:
For the guys who installed the new FW.
Enjoy playing GoW2 online!
Oh... Wait... Nevermind...
*yawn*
That is so old lol.

personally im not going to install this, not having Live for that long seems kinda pointless to me.

James.

User Not Found
I had this on a cd, so then I thought "Nah, not going to install it". So I put the CD in the bin. And then I wanted to install a disc and see what all the fuss was about. And in my frustration I slammed my door and snapped my ethernet cable. I have no money, so no new cable, and no Gears till xmas.
So, long story short, I installed it.

I hate the new dash sounds..... But they might grow on me.
I <3 the fact the you can delete 0-point games, but no proof as you have to connect to live for it to take effect.

Vee

Can Microsoft tell you've got the update and ban you for it?

Isnt that some kind of envasion of privacy? Or do you have to sign a agreement.

Seth

MD Party Room
James. said:
I had this on a cd, so then I thought "Nah, not going to install it". So I put the CD in the bin. And then I wanted to install a disc and see what all the fuss was about. And in my frustration I slammed my door and snapped my ethernet cable. I have no money, so no new cable, and no Gears till xmas.

I <3 the fact the you can delete 0-point games, but no proof as you have to connect to live for it to take effect.

ethernet cable are really cheap...Unless you have a really long ethernet cable...

It shouldent be a big deal to buy one.

Access_Denied

James. said:

Are you serious? I bet if you ask a random stranger on the street, they probably have an entire stash of Ethernet cables. I have like 30 of them. Also, how do you snap an Ethernet cable?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
hippie said:
Thx, im gonna download this and wait to see how gears of war 2 is.
*never played first one*
If I get tried of gears of war 2 then I install this.:D
Edit- the people who do have this on there 360, did anyone try going back to old dashboard?
Like instilling an old update or something? Or del the files from usb flash drive?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
eldiablov said:
I doubt there is ANY way you can reverse the update. You wouldnt want to either. Its pure sex.
pzesh, its not pure if you don't have xbox live.:p

Access_Denied

There is no way to go back. And no, you cannot be banned for having this, or a modded 360. Also, you can not play .avi files until the 19th either. If you enjoy Xbox Live, wait 17 days.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Access_Denied said:
There is no way to go back. And no, you cannot be banned for having this, or a modded 360. Also, you can not play .avi files until the 19th either. If you enjoy Xbox Live, wait 17 days.
yea, I rather have my avi files... Anime+ avi format on an HD t.v the best ever.:tup:

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
So if you install this on a modded console, can you still run backups? I dont care about live access on my modded console.

Access_Denied

Yes, you can still run backups. There is no way to detect you have a modded console. And, if you stealthed the games correctly, there's no way to tell that you're not running a real game. You can even install the backups to the HDD.

Moose

Meta Moose
I'd say yes. But I can't help but imagine the more I use it, the more I will wish that they stuck with blades... more of a novelty than a necessity.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Moose said:
I'd say yes. But I can't help but imagine the more I use it, the more I will wish that they stuck with blades... more of a novelty than a necessity.
im going end up switching back to blades because of my themes and gamer pictures.

@Access_Denied

By "stealthed games" I never got into the modding 360 or anything.
So by "stealthed" I can copy my friend game like call of duty4 and play it on my 360?
And which also brings me to another thing, with the HDD game storage, you think it would be possible to brun an fake disc of the game, and store the rea game data on the HDD, and use the fake disc to run it. Im not a prite or anything but if anyone wants try my idea experiment go ahead.
I don't have an disc laying around to try, or yet got the new dashboard.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Pokemanz master said:
im going end up switching back to blades because of my themes and gamer pictures.

@Access_Denied

By "stealthed games" I never got into the modding 360 or anything.
So by "stealthed" I can copy my friend game like call of duty4 and play it on my 360?
And which also brings me to another thing, with the HDD game storage, you think it would be possible to brun an fake disc of the game, and store the rea game data on the HDD, and use the fake disc to run it. Im not a prite or anything but if anyone wants try my idea experiment go ahead.
I don't have an disc laying around to try, or yet got the new dashboard.
No. You still have to have the disc in to run the game.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
El Xando said:
No. You still have to have the disc in to run the game.
Yea.. but since games can be copy *by computer onto a disc*you just can make an fake disc.
And run it as an real one, since the HDD feature can't tell if you're using an fake or not form my theory.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
So you think you would be able to run backups without a modded xbox?