• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Xbox Experience Out Now!

Ciaran

UPDATE: The update is now officially available to everyone.

Very surprised we don't have a thread for this. The NXE preview programme has started and of course someone has found a way of installing it on 360's that are not in the programme. The download is only 7mb but doesn't include avatars, all you have to do is stick it on a memory stick or CD and boot your 360.

You won't be able to log onto live or play Divx files untill the 19th November if you install this.

First impressions are good, its a nice clean interface and it runs very fast but I haven't had much of a play around with it. Currently waiting for Saints Row 2 to install so I can see how the games run off the HDD.

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah, I think installing to HDD is great. My 360 is much quieter now :)

Obiously it takes a while but it's worth it. And its no longer than a PS3 game data install.

Loading times arent that much better though if i'm honest.

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm going to install now.

EDIT: Just installed it. Very nice. The Install to Hard Drive option is a welcome addition.

The interface is much nicer than the previous dashboard. Oh how wrong I was when I said they should have stuck to blades.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
this allow me to run games from the hdd?
Only thing is, can I get ban by doing this?

Moose

Meta Moose
You still need the disc. And no, you can't be banned. How can they know if you can't connect to Live?

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Moose said:
You still need the disc. And no, you can't be banned. How can they know if you can't connect to Live?
I mean when the new update comes out, when I try connect to live for the update....
thats the part im lost at, which brings an new question would even be able download the update.

eldiablov

Contributor
Yes you will. This isnt the retail version. And with the update being 7mb I assumed the codec would have been included ...

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
eldiablov said:
Yes you will. This isnt the retail version. And with the update being 7mb I assumed the codec would have been included ...
alright then im downloading, it would stink if I can't download it later.:eek:

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Moose said:
I'm going to install now.

EDIT: Just installed it. Very nice. The Install to Hard Drive option is a welcome addition.

The interface is much nicer than the previous dashboard. Oh how wrong I was when I said they should have stuck to blades.
When I seen the video, I knew this dashboard was better.:D
Now find an download link
@Hardly
You got an point...

Seth

MD Party Room
IF this somehow get hacked... I 12 mins away from buying a 360 and a 120gb HDD...

Access_Denied

This IS the retail version. OK? Just so everyone knows this. They gave out beta copies to a select few people. And those people can share that beta copy by just connecting two 360s together. So this is 100% safe to use, and YOU CAN NOT BE BANNED. You just can't connect to Live until the 19th, just like the people who got a beta copy from MS.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Hmmmmmmmmm...
I want to install this to try it out...
But I wouldn't want to be without live for 18 days, and I don't think you can revert can you?
Also, is it true that this update will include the ability to talk to more than one person at once in private chat?