• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance 2 Discussion

Slasher

Suck It
When you level up, does that increase the amount of damage you do per shot?

Because as it is right now im only at level 3 or something in each class and it frustrates the hell out of me trying to kill something. I could shoot the shit out of something for the longest time and they just don't want to die, then someone else comes along, shoots it and shabbam it's dead

ilyace

Because as it is right now im only at level 3 or something in each class and it frustrates the hell out of me trying to kill something. I could shoot the shit out of something for the longest time and they just don't want to die, then someone else comes along, shoots it and shabbam it's dead

Ya that kinda pisses me off sometimes.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

There are certain weapon upgrades and perks you can get that help with that. For instance, there is a Berserk you can get with the Soldier that bounces any damage from enemies that hits it back onto them. If a teleporter opens up and you trigger this, you can pick up a high number of kills just off the reflections.

Ya that kinda pisses me off sometimes.

One way to get back at that is when there is a Grim rush of just a lot of plain soldiers on screen, toss a grenade at them and you can pick up like 10+ kills.

Scorned

Whats your weapon/perk of choice?

Mine would have to be Marksman and Ironheart, although occasionally ill go carbine or sniper depending on how the situation is.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Since I've leveled up Soldier, it's the Wraith with my secondary being an Auger. I use the Berserk that takes damage inflicted on to my Wraith's shield and bounces it back to enemies. (Whatever that's called.)

You can rack up kills when a teleporter opens with this.

ilyace

Whats your weapon/perk of choice?

Mine would have to be Marksman and Ironheart, although occasionally ill go carbine or sniper depending on how the situation is.

I'll usually go Bullseye, and I've been trying out different berserks but so far I like the Prototype Ammo one. Sometimes I'll use the Auger as a weapon.

I've got it now and it's amazing. Both competitive and co-op are fun as. Currently, i'm a level 5 solider and level 9 in competitive. In competitive, the bullseye and the carbine work well for close-quarters. I like the Protype Ammo berserk.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Been leveling up a bit today, I want to reach 24 with Spec Ops by the end of the weekend.

Currently:

Level 30 Soldier with all equipment
Level 19 Spec Ops
Level 14 Medic

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Been leveling up a bit today, I want to reach 24 with Spec Ops by the end of the weekend.

Currently:

Level 30 Soldier with all equipment
Level 19 Spec Ops
Level 14 Medic

Fuck you :p

Seriously though, I was going to put in some time over the break but in great time I hurt my thumb playing football. Awesome. Now I probably can't play any video game except Rock Band for a while.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Fuck you :p

Seriously though, I was going to put in some time over the break but in great time I hurt my thumb playing football. Awesome. Now I probably can't play any video game except Rock Band for a while.

I got the Spec Ops up to Level 25, but I am having a hard time getting Gray Tech to buy anything. Once you hit Level 22, there are three sequential level ups that cost a lot. The Level 22 weapon upgrade, the Level 24 armor upgrade, and the Level 26 weapon upgrade. Those cost 150, 175, and 200 respectively and the last weapon upgrade usually turns you into a beast with like two shot kills.

Saving up for it, I got my Medic up to Level 17, but I haven

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I haven't been addicted to a game like this since CoD4.

I never got into Resistance 1 but Resistance 2 is like COD4 all over again. And coming from a COD4 fanboy, I kinda like Resistance 2 more :eek:. I just completed story mode and tried online but my router keeps on cut my connection while in game so... I'm fucked intill the 1st when i can get a new router. But anyways, it's a great game

Adiuvo

Co-op is a blast. I don't have a mic I can use all the time yet, but it doesn't really seem to be needed as long as you stay with the group.

In the game I played everyone did their respective jobs pretty good. One spec.ops guy kept on running behind a titan trying to get experience, but the team eventually just quit reviving him.

Only class I've played as is medic, and I'll probably stick that way.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Only class I've played as is medic, and I'll probably stick that way.

Medic is fun, but you pretty much be invincible as a Soldier if you play it right. Give them all a try just to change things up.

I finally was able to save up the 200 Gray Tech for the last weapon upgrade for my Spec Ops. I can now two headshot kill one of those Ravager things that throw up those big shields and I think the electrostatic orbs got a boost as well.

The last thing I need for Spec Ops is to level up to 30 and save for the helmet, then I will focus on my Medic.

You're also right about not needing a mic, but it helps. There are a lot of new players recently and sometimes they need some direction, like to put up the Shield and STAY STILL as a Soldier or to even be reminded to throw ammo out all match long as a Spec Ops.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Finally got my Spec Ops to Level 30 with all available gear. Now I just need to max out the Medic.

A Level 30 Spec Ops can beast just as good as a Soldier. I get usually tops in kills even with strong Soldiers in the game.

Edit - I just went to myresistance.net and checked out my coop stats:

Kills - 25,843
Deaths - 987

lol

Seth

MD Party Room
Resistance 2 is got dropped at my door step...Now waiting for the crappy update to take place...

Cant wait.

Seth

MD Party Room
Well played my first bit of online mp.... So far not a huge fan....Story mode not to bad...

I sure I like it in due time...But things arent as much fun as with cod4...And why do no one ever talk or use a mic on there....

Joey

I'm actually excited to play it, because it sounds alot like Co-op TF2... I'm a Fuckin' bad ass banana rider in TF2...

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
i need help what should i do?

Pick up Resistance 2 again. Or get lord of the rings?

Im a huge fan of both and not sure which to get, you guys run some resistance 2 games sometimes and i might join.

I have the money for both but my mum will go mad if i buy too much as ive already bought 5 games this week so please someone help me!