• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance 2 Discussion

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Prepare for mass spoilers.

It's also a request from me (and i'm sure other people)

I'll probably buy this at christmas and want to be uninformed on everything :D

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Slasher said:
I just started it, and I'm loving it so far. I'm at the part where I've just walked out to see San Francisco all burning and fucked up. I just killed two giant things that were huge and had big guns.
I like this so much better than the official resistance forums, because I actually know what you're talking about instead of using some obscure name and expecting me to know what it means.

And yea, expect more big monsters.

Slasher

Suck It
Abe Froeman said:
I think I'll charge a PS3 controller tonight and pick this up tomorrow.
You won't regret it :tup: Online is tons of fun too

I'm not sure why but the very beginning of the game was sort of a turn off for me. They just sort of throw you into the middle of the battlefield with very little knowledge of what's going on or anything like that, or what to do as far as controls go. It was a little confusing. Also, the graphics were solid, but not outstanding for a first impression.

After playing the game through a bit more I don't feel the confusion I initially felt, and the graphics now seem stunning. I don't know if its the game just improving along as graphics go, or if I'm just more tolerable to them now that I'm into the game :confused:

Anyways, it's an excellent game, highly recommend picking it up if you own a ps3. Definitely worth the money

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
In other weird and slightly-related news, the guy that interviewed me yesterday lives on Nathan Hale Rd...:O

Slasher

Suck It
The Chicago level I'm playing right now is awesome, I'm really enjoying it.

One thing about this game that I love is that it's actually challenging. I find myself dying quite often which is something I usually don't find in games.

One thing I don't like is that even despite there being teammates all around me the enemies quite often just go for me. This is frustrating because you don't have a chance if they're all firing just at you instead of your teammates taking some damage.

Vee

Has anyone played CODWAW and R2 here?

Could they give a opinion on what they enjoy more?

I can only afford one of them and my head says go with COD. After all, i got like hours of fun from that.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I grabbed it at lunch today. I can probably get through maybe an hour of this tonight at most though. Gears and Fallout will be pulling me back.

Slasher

Suck It
Abe Froeman said:
I grabbed it at lunch today. I can probably get through maybe an hour of this tonight at most though. Gears and Fallout will be pulling me back.
Had a chance to play it yet? Awesome?

I think I'm near the end of the single player campaign.
I'm in Mexico delivering a nuke to some big alien base. Seems pretty climatic to me

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Slasher said:
Had a chance to play it yet? Awesome?

Nah, not yet. I watched that new Indiana Jones movie after work and that took me right to Monday Night Football, which ended at midnight. I'll fire it up soon though.

Slasher

Suck It
Going off of what I said earlier - 1up.com

Because the campaign -- with its lavish production values, interesting enemies, and terrific boss fights -- is so much better than the one in Resistance, its annoyances become more prominent. The most aggravating: Ninety percent of the time, the enemies only target you specifically. That's fine if you're the only guy around...but when you're with a squad of fellow badasses, it's a bit illusion-shattering. Two of your buddies are pelting a Titan with rockets and gunfire, and somehow the Titan makes a beeline to you -- even if you're not doing anything. The Chameleon -- a Chimera straight out of Predator -- only decloaks to attack you, brushing by two redshirt A.I. soldiers and swiping you with a one-hit-kill swing. Grims come rushing out of the woodwork -- and, hey look, they all swarm right toward you! It's damn annoying.

This is basically in a nutshell what annoys me sometimes.

EDIT - I just beat the game
PSPHax0r9 said:
R2 is awesome. The story is sweet - if it's not looking that great just wait until the end, the very last part and the ending are fucking awesome.
The ending was sweet, wow lol wasn't expecting it to end like that

_Syn

Which one? Resistance 2 or CoD: WaW. I know they're incomparable to each other, but if there is no decision made, i'll have to get both.

Should I play the first one first? I don't wanna dish out $30 to play Resistance, then another $60 for Resistance 2.

Vee

_Syn said:
Which one? Resistance 2 or CoD: WaW. I know they're incomparable to each other, but if there is no decision made, i'll have to get both.

Should I play the first one first? I don't wanna dish out $30 to play Resistance, then another $60 for Resistance 2.
bump

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I never got through the first one and I plan on finishing it before starting this. I think I'm like halfway through. At least that is the plan at the moment, but I will probably just fire up the second one first because I am impatient.

Slasher

Suck It
Syn, do you have CoD4? If so, you're really not missing a whole lot on the whole CoDWaW experience.
If you really care about storyline, then it would be best that you play through Resistance 1 to get a better grasp of it. Although another option I think would just be to read a summary of the story so that you know what's going on. Resistance 2 is in itself a great game, not totally requiring you to play through the first one.

_Syn

Slasher said:
Syn, do you have CoD4? If so, you're really not missing a whole lot on the whole CoDWaW experience.
If you really care about storyline, then it would be best that you play through Resistance 1 to get a better grasp of it. Although another option I think would just be to read a summary of the story so that you know what's going on. Resistance 2 is in itself a great game, not totally requiring you to play through the first one.

Who doesn't have CoD4 for PS3. :D. I decided on getting WaW instead.
I'm planning on getting this game for Christmas, along with Mirror's Edge and LBP.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I beat the campaign today and have been putting some time into the co-op. This game is extremely fun. If anyone else wants to co-op, hit me up.