• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Skulltula from Zelda

Zx30

Beto
Remember those Skulltulas from Zelda 64?
GoldSkulltula.jpg

Well I was in Mexico and found a spider that reminded me of a Skulltula. I took several shots. Here, take a look.

l_4a0c17a9951641d49fa6c26967a75199.jpg

l_c25e0af8ded742dc88b2101c51eeca1b.jpg

l_7a4a2b589aa847a385c61ce3f73f1756.jpg
I actually tapped its shell and it was awesome. Felt like turtle's shell.
Well anyways, Yeah..Just thought I'd share for those of you who have not seen one of these.:)

By the way, here are more variations of that certain spider named Genus Gasteracantha.
Genus Gasteracantha - BugGuide.Net
Check it out if you're curious.

EDIT: Might as well add this one while I'm at it.
l_5dd010173d3b4773b29a217877d0e5ef.jpg

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Neat. I have to say that type of spider is foreign to me; in fact I didn't realize there were spiders with hard exoskeletons.

Chathurga

Neat. I have to say that type of spider is foreign to me; in fact I didn't realize there were spiders with hard exoskeletons.

Yeah I read this and thought, "huh shell?"

Then I thought holy shit I would NEVER touch that thing.

Slasher

Suck It
The spiders around here look so much less deadly. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and spotting one of those spiders up on your ceiling :O

Whisper

Logic :(
The spiders around here look so much less deadly. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and spotting one of those spiders up on your ceiling :O

It would definitely have a scare factor. I have black widows here, kill them in my room all the time. I've never seen anything like this though, it has that creepy factor.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
is it just me?

or does the "Under View" picture look like one of those eye switches from zelda.

Scorned

Those do have a striking resemblance, which at the same time reminds me of how i hated the golden skulltulas so much.

Zx30

Beto
Those do have a striking resemblance, which at the same time reminds me of how i hated the golden skulltulas so much.

Yeah. I never thought there would actually be a spider that had a shell on it. I always thought it was made up. Just in the videogame you know?

I guess when I see more animals in videogames that look awesome, I'll google it or something just in case. :p

Serideth

Yeah. I never thought there would actually be a spider that had a shell on it. I always thought it was made up. Just in the videogame you know?

I guess when I see more animals in videogames that look awesome, I'll google it or something just in case. :p

Yeah, it's the same with the Chocobos from Final Fantasy:

Chocobo.jpg

It's cool that this thread has references to Zelda games. :w00t:

Nice pics of the Mexico spider too. :)

El Diablo

I HATE spiders /shiver, but it's awesome that you found a spider looking like one from one of the best games ever made. Ever.

Hardrive

Contributor
It would of been even cooler if it was the size equivalent to those in Zelda! :w00t:

No, in my highly professional opinion, that would cross the threshold of cool, continue through the realm of disturbing, and end with a status of phobia-inducing.