• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psplogo4.jpg

As they say, legends may sleep but they’ll never die. Dark_AleX, aka M33, has released custom firmware 3.71 M33 for the PSP. Just like previous OE and M33 releases, this edition features all the enhancements users have come to expect from custom firmware, plus all the new features from Sony’s official firmware. It is also compatible with both the PSP Slim and PSP Phat.

[blockquote2] 3.71M33 Released. It will be our last but one release.
In the near future, it will be released a Slim&&Fat Unbricker, and a 1.50kernel patch

First of all, thanks for all your donations.
It's time to make the Scene think into what has it turned.
NOW you can look for guilty ones.

And, to finish, greetings to pspx.ru and all the ones that have helped us in this crusade.[/blockquote2]

As a side note, Dark_AleX has said that this will likely be the last custom firmware release from him. However the team still plans to release an unbricker for PSP Slim units, as well as a 1.50 kernel patch for those running 3.71 M33 on the regular Phat PSP.

Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 / Install Guide

Official Announcement [Dark_AleX]

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does this mean DAX has been working with M33 from the start?

He WAS M33, aside from a couple other beta testers. And yes I knew this ever since he "left" :p

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Wtf exophase you could've at least told some trusted members..... Well i guess it was for the best you didn't but how did you know? I'm guessing he trusted you eh?

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Because remember when he left sony was out for him. What better to do then make everyone think your gone and pretend to be russian lol who would do anything about a bunch of russian hackers.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
He told me :p A few others knew as well... Mathieulh, jas0nuk, etc. Anyway it was for the best.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Tommorow we're gonna get team m4 coming out with new stuff lol. Seriously this time I hope someone will come again to save all us psp users and turn out to be in it forever. no disrespect to Dax but it would be nice to have someone to lean on till psps die.

Roe

Take a look in the readme. Or if you want to wait a little while I'm sure x3 will post a guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How exactly do you install this update?

Check the readme, or I will put a guide up shortly (10 - 15 minutes)

A

Alucard

I never would have guessed that Dark Alex was Team M33. I mean, if I'm not mistaken, He was working closely with Team Wildcard as well. This is an interesting twist.