• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
wow....i'm amazed.....to be honest i was still on 3.40 OE cause i felt that it would feel odd not using D_A's work....and now i find out it was his all along... o_O

how old is D_A anyway?...

if i was a scout for any big software/hardware manufactor i'd probally offer this guy a really plush job....lmao.

remember how team m33 said they reversed engineered D_A's code?...wonder if it was just him reverse enginering his own cause he lost the source....that's be crazy...lol

D_A is in his early 20s... still a student btw.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yea i read on the bbc site that he was a student but thought maybe like teen's,not in his twenties...thought the whole fake team thing would of been a bit much for a teenager really....hell,i wouldnt think of it.

kudos to him though :)

Richlando

371-M33 is pretty good so far. Is the reason everything is back in because of the lack of the 150 kernel? Like Location Free and Korean fonts...and in recovery if you change the kernel to 150 then back to 371 it says 352 in the message. I can't skip the Sony logo either..lol.
Great job as usual.

reandaya

hi

im wonderin will there be a problem if i update my phat psp from 3.52 m33-4 to 3.71 m33 while having an apple cor theme and cwcheat?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
im wonderin will there be a problem if i update my phat psp from 3.52 m33-4 to 3.71 m33 while having an apple cor theme and cwcheat?

@reandaya:

no, that's fine.

Acerthief

unable to make the pandora battery on the new 3.71 m33 any help?

both the program (battery creator, battery installer) needs 1.5 kernel to start.
So for 3.71M33 now you can't create a pandora batter, not until D_A released the 1.5kernel.

You can also use eLoader to run 1.5 kernal on 3.71M33.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Not sure if eLoader will run the Pandora Battery creator. It's probably best to wait a few days, the 1.5 kernel patch will be out by then.

Acerthief

Not sure if eLoader will run the Pandora Battery creator. It's probably best to wait a few days, the 1.5 kernel patch will be out by then.

Yup, that's why I said to wait until the 1.5 kenrel patch is out. :D

Richlando

Won't that mean that Korean fonts and Location Free Player will have to go bye bye for the 150 kernel?
And I can skip the Sony Logo on a normal boot but not after leaving the Recovery Menu.
Is getting the 150 kernel back that important? The only program I'm actually missing is Irshell, also my favorite, but it could be ported right?

And popsloader doesn't work for me at all. I'm holding R at the right point but...nothing.I'm using the universal by the way.

Zante

I seem to have bricked my PSP slim using the 3.71 firmware extender (nothing to do with Dark Alex or M33). I got a message stating that my flash was corrupt and the PSP made an attempt to repair it before bricking itself. I can't even access the recovery menu now.

Will the PSP slim unbricker, when it's released, be able to help me? :[

Acerthief

I seem to have bricked my PSP slim using the 3.71 firmware extender (nothing to do with Dark Alex or M33). I got a message stating that my flash was corrupt and the PSP made an attempt to repair it before bricking itself. I can't even access the recovery menu now.

Will the PSP slim unbricker, when it's released, be able to help me? :[

Very possible, :D
say isn't the extender a plugin?

Richlando

Yeah, and it happened to me but I was able to go into recovery and disable the plugins and then delete them via usb. It was weird, my UMD drive started going crazy, sliding in then out frantically.

Oh wait, I did have to remove my mem stick before I could access recovery,black screen nothing until I did, then reinserted it while in recovery to disable them. Maybe you could try this? Or is it too late for you?

Zante

Very possible, :D
say isn't the extender a plugin?

That's correct. This one was supposedly released specially for 3.71 and I saw it being advertised on pspslimhacks.com

I advise everyone to wait for the PSP slim unbricker before testing it out.

Oh wait, I did have to remove my mem stick before I could access recovery,black screen nothing until I did, then reinserted it while in recovery to disable them. Maybe you could try this? Or is it too late for you?

I think it's too late for me. Whatever I do, I can't get beyond that black screen. I've tried it without a memory stick in the PSP just now, still nothing unfortunately. :[

jesus2282

1.50 apps with 3.71m33

If you really want to play 1.50 kernal stuff, then all you have to do is use the extended pandora boot menu, and select "load firmware from memory card". And there you go 1.50 I could play my nes, and sega emu just fine, and when used with the multi ipl loader, you can boot into 3.71m33 normally, or you can boot into extended boot menu by holding L when you put in the battery. :biggrin:

Zante

take your battery out, memory stick out, and turn on with your AC adaptor in.

Still nothing unfortunately. Even with the R shoulder button down.

When I turn it on normally, nothing happens. It's just a black screen and it stays on.

When I hold the R button down, the screen flashes once and then the PSP turns itself off.