• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

Roe

Yeah when I think about it. There could be a book made about this. I might write one...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
*Shakes head* Heh, figures. I can honestly say I'm not too seriously taken aback, but it is still quite the tremor... He did a VERY good job at disguising himself, but there were subtle hints, along with things to throw you off course. Anyway, nice, and DaX, have a great life! (If ya stay gone:p But the hook brings you back)

J

Junit

HAHA DARK ALEX YOU BAD ASS MALLCHUCKA , I believed that some crazy russians were M33 , You sly dog hahah , mad props for fooling the scene , mad props for translating evrything back and forth to make it look like the way it is . that's just real pwnage ... You need a t-shirt that says "I-PWN"

A

Alucard

"It will be our last but one release."

Does this mean that he is now quiting for reals?

A

Alucard

nvm, yeah I just read that this is his last firmware. I guess it's all up to Team Wildcard from now on.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
This is what happens when you sleep in late... :glare:

Works great! Plus, us Slimees get 32MB more memory now! If D_A is really going for good, he's leaving on a real high note. Hat's off.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
Thats awesome. Way to go DAX!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Is there a way to install this new firmware on a Slim with Sony 3.71 FW already installed?

Thanks much!

Not yet, but D_A plans to release an unbricker using the Pandora Battery method for the PSP Slim. This will allow you to install 3.71 M33 on official 3.71 as well as any future firmwares Sony release.

PAinKiLLa

Great job guys its working great but.....

Going to need to make a new joysens as it crashes game when loading (any1 using joysens will have to disable this option from the plugins menu or games will not boot up).
If u need joysens I suggest waiting for a new release of joysens b4 updating.

This is not a problem with the 3.71 M33 update its just a minor problem with joysens & its just a case of making a bug fix.

PAinKiLLa

Ive just been informed that cwcheat does not work either Im now begining think it could be a bug in the 3.71 M33 firmware. To tell the truth I cant get any plugins to work at all.

shadowthor

Great release. About to install, I hope my backup copy of Final Fantasy Crisis Core works :D, or else i have to use the umd :(.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
Ive just been informed that cwcheat does not work either Im now begining think it could be a bug in the 3.71 M33 firmware. To tell the truth I cant get any plugins to work at all.

Quite a few plugins will need to be updated since $ony changed a few things on the firmware to try and prevent homebrew. just be patient for the developers to fix these plugins.

Clyde18

i've not tried new firmwares before (i'm using 3.40-OEA), is this 3.71 M33 make my PSP stop relying on a UMD to run certain games?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
i've not tried new firmwares before (i'm using 3.40-OEA), is this 3.71 M33 make my PSP stop relying on a UMD to run certain games?

Yeah, well, even like 3.52M33 will do that, it has a new ISO loader, Sony's, so you don't have to have a UMD in the drive for about 95% of ISO/CSO games.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
I wonder why he did this?
I wonder why he revealed himself?...
many questions that i wish i had the answer

MenaceInc

Staff Member
wow....i'm amazed.....to be honest i was still on 3.40 OE cause i felt that it would feel odd not using D_A's work....and now i find out it was his all along... o_O

how old is D_A anyway?...

if i was a scout for any big software/hardware manufactor i'd probally offer this guy a really plush job....lmao.

remember how team m33 said they reversed engineered D_A's code?...wonder if it was just him reverse enginering his own cause he lost the source....that's be crazy...lol