• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2012 - Doomsday

Sullivan

OK, so I was looking down at the table today, and saw an article about it, and what do you think about it, its right around the corner.

What are your views on this? Do you really think its going to be? Some say its the day Jesus will come back and do his cleansing (i don't believe in god truly, so this doesn't take effect to me at all), and others just think, its then end because of the Mayan calender stops there.

Or will it just be like Y2k? I was just thinking, about how chaotic it will be. Looking back on Y2K, and people thinking computers wouldn't work and everything would be destroyed, but 2012, being viewed as the end of the world, people are going to be nuts, insane crazy.

Personally, I think it's just going to be havoc.

Slasher

Suck It
I think nothing at all will happen. There's no reason or evidence to suggest that anything will.

But there's a tiny piece of me that thinks, "Eh, if something does happen, then I'm moving further up north where nothing will get me" :)
I don't think Jesus or even God would chase me up there.

/thread

EDIT: You know how Iran is ultra-religious and believes everything their God's tell them, right? Well I remember hearing and reading that jsut recently Iran is beginning to follow through with some of the prophecy that is supposed to happen previous to the 2012 deadline. They are supposedly testing some nukes out and have named them something that resembles a piece of the prophecy. I'll try and look it up.

So basically even though this pre-2012 stuff isn't supposed to happen, Iran is reading it and attempting to play it out. One crucial element of the prophecy is supposed to be a nuke launched against somewhere (I'm assuming on Israel I think), and it's supposed to accidentally land in the water and poison all of the fish.

Sullivan

I don't think anything will happen either.

If anything, man will be so chaotic, that he will destroy us.

Fives

This whole 2012 shit annoys me more then all the excitement over the year 2K. Here's just some stuff I came across while reading up I thought I'd share.

The base of all the predictions is the end of the Maya calendar in 2012, which is supposed to mean the end of the world or a period of radical changes. In fact, the end of the Maya calendar is known as the end of the Great Cycle. People find it easy to believe in that theory because Maya civilization is known for advanced writing, mathematics and astronomy. It can seem like they really know what they

Sullivan

I am trying to say, if anything happens, it will be because us humans made it crazy, because we thought something was going to happen.

seanix

There were many reports about the doomsday in the past.But there were nothing happening actually.
If the fate of human is really that way,the only thing we could do is to accept it ,maybe.

Adiuvo

If anything happens it will because human kind set itself into destruction. You can bet there will be people trying to stir up trouble around that date.

Slasher

Suck It
There's supposedly going to be several things that are going to happen in the years leading upto 2012 (aka right around now).

If they don't happen, then all of this is bullshit. If they do start to happen, well atleast there's reason to believe it to a certain degree.

Does anybody know what these things even are? I don't know off the top of my head. I think there's something to do with Nostradamus' predictions though.

Cryox

Bro.
7 wonders of the ancient(or is it modern) world being built/rebuilt. That is off the top of my head, so accuracy can't be assured.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I reckon nothing will happen. If something does then so be it - least I didn't waste my time worrying about it.

Sullivan

I reckon nothing will happen. If something does then so be it - least I didn't waste my time worrying about it.

When the time comes, won't you? If anything, I will be worried about my safety.
It was crazy when a small hurricane came threw here, people looting, killing, and the end of the world? :cry::w00t:

Adiuvo

There's supposedly going to be several things that are going to happen in the years leading upto 2012 (aka right around now).

If they don't happen, then all of this is bullshit. If they do start to happen, well atleast there's reason to believe it to a certain degree.

Does anybody know what these things even are? I don't know off the top of my head. I think there's something to do with Nostradamus' predictions though.
Depends if you go Biblical or not, and believe Revelations is the 2012 situation.

In that case, there would be plagues, major disasters, single rulers of the world, and miracle producers within these next few years.

Not that likely to happen =/

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
When the time comes, won't you? If anything, I will be worried about my safety.
It was crazy when a small hurricane came threw here, people looting, killing, and the end of the world? :cry::w00t:

Yeah but my point is, it's useless trying to prepare for it. Like people that stock up on food and supplies for disasters that only "might" happen years from now. That's just silly to me. Unless proven fact exists that something will happen, I'm not going to worry about it.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
OK, so I was looking down at the table today, and saw an article about it, and what do you think about it, its right around the corner.

What are your views on this? Do you really think its going to be? Some say its the day [HIGHLIGHT]Jesus will come back and do his cleansing[/HIGHLIGHT] (i don't believe in god truly, so this doesn't take effect to me at all), and others just think, its then end because of the Mayan calender stops there.

Or will it just be like Y2k? I was just thinking, about how chaotic it will be. Looking back on Y2K, and people thinking computers wouldn't work and everything would be destroyed, but 2012, being viewed as the end of the world, people are going to be nuts, insane crazy.

Personally, I think it's just going to be havoc.
There is nothing to worry about, but if i had to choose, I'd LOVE for this to happen. Big JC just fucking shit up.