• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

2012 - Doomsday

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That was one of their better episodes this season. I also liked the one on video game violence.

Good to see you around FreePlay.

FreePlay

'Sup Abe :)

Yeah, I watched the video game violence one with my dad and got into a long explanation about Jack Thompson. He agrees with me that the dude is a psycho douchebag. Gotta love parents.

Now my dad loves this show.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I don't think that the world will end but people will be crazy around that time. I think people will literally go insane because they think the world is ending. Maybe some terrorist attacks, crime rates will rise, rape will definitely go up. Just speculation.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
What makes you think that? I mean, people are already worrying about it. Once it gets closer, I think that worry will just rise to the extreme points in some peoples' lives.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I only have one perspective about it.

The world was supposed to end in the 50's. Then in 2000, then in 2006, now in 2012?

Gimme a break, I can only fall for it once before the "end of the world" theory becomes a scare tactic.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
The world was supposed to end in the 50's. Then in 2000, then in 2006, now in 2012?

Those are all for different reasons. I see your point, but wouldn't you think the world was going to end if there was threat of nuclear war? The millennium change is a really stupid reason to freak. People just said that for attention. 2006, obviously, was Satin's number 6-6-06. I agree with you, but it's still interesting to see the different reasons why people believe this.

Why the world will NOT end in 2012 - Dailymail.co.uk

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Those are all for different reasons. I see your point, but wouldn't you think the world was going to end if there was threat of nuclear war? The millennium change is a really stupid reason to freak. People just said that for attention. 2006, obviously, was Satin's number 6-6-06. I agree with you, but it's still interesting to see the different reasons why people believe this.

I have a newsflash for you, you may want to sit down for it.

There is no way to predict the future. Stop talking about nonsense.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart

Its the fact that theres different reasons that make it even less believable. Nuclear apocalypse has been and always will be a threat but I honestly dont see anyone making that big of a move, and if they do, we all would have already known why.

The world could end right now, a giant meteor traveling faster than we can even calculate could slam into Earth in the next 5 minutes. But you dont see people bugging out. Fact of the matter is, the end could happen at any second of any moment of any hour of any day. Why freak out about it? I find it better just to accept the seconds that you are still existing and deal with it.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I have a newsflash for you, you may want to sit down for it.

There is no way to predict the future. Stop talking about nonsense.

That's pretty much what I said... I even posted a link to an article arguing against those theories.

Me said:
I agree with you, but it's still interesting to see the different reasons why people believe this.

Nuclear war was a legitimate threat in the 50's. I can understand why people would be scared then. Whether it's non sense or not, people believe it. Most TV shows are non sense. Should we just disregard them? Regardless of if it's possible or not, it's entertaining to see the reasons people come up with for this.

The world could end right now... ...But you dont see people bugging out.

Well there is definitely more hype for the 2012 date. The reason why people are flipping out over 2012 is because of the recent film, books, and other media's talk about it. I'm not sure what you were trying to get at with that. I mean, obviously, people are going to act differently towards 2012 than to 2010 just because of it's publicity. That's why people aren't 'bugging' out.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I think the only way that the world will end in 2012 is if some country acts on that myth.
Let's say Korea launches their missiles that day just because people already think the world will end anyway.
But even then, the chances of that happening are slim.

I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

Dan

Contributor
Let's say Korea launches their missiles that day just because people already think the world will end anyway.

"Herro Amewicuns. My name is Kim Jong il. Since your aww gonna die anyray, I'm groing to destroy you arr."

Sorry, had to.

Alright, suppose the Mayan's were sophisticated in mathematics. But how does that help them to see into the future using a calendar? It doesn't add up at all. All that I've read is, "The Mayan astronomers over hundreds of years have each created a piece to fit the calendar, which predicts events in space." :/

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
"Herro Amewicuns. My name is Kim Jong il. Since your aww gonna die anyray, I'm groing to destroy you arr."

Sorry, had to.

Alright, suppose the Mayan's were sophisticated in mathematics. But how does that help them to see into the future using a calendar? It doesn't add up at all. All that I've read is, "The Mayan astronomers over hundreds of years have each created a piece to fit the calendar, which predicts events in space." :/

I second this.

We're good at math, heck, we can even understand a lot of how DNA works and all that, yet we can't predict when the earth will blow up.

I think the Mayans just hit a deadline and didn't want to go any further because it'd be pointless.

Chathurga

I second this.

We're good at math, heck, we can even understand a lot of how DNA works and all that, yet we can't predict when the earth will blow up.

I think the Mayans just hit a deadline and didn't want to go any further because it'd be pointless.

2012 signals the end of the Mayans 13th "era", what people seem to ignore is that the 14th era starts right after it.

Frozty

I always had a strange dream were peoplee go crazy and its total anarchy on this day and humans try to escape to another planet,but I stil think nothing will happen other than a couple of sucides here and there.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Well there is definitely more hype for the 2012 date. The reason why people are flipping out over 2012 is because of the recent film, books, and other media's talk about it. I'm not sure what you were trying to get at with that. I mean, obviously, people are going to act differently towards 2012 than to 2010 just because of it's publicity. That's why people aren't 'bugging' out.

My point is that people are retarded. If theres actual fact in life, well ignore it. But if its actual fact ON THE NEWS then ZOMGZ PANIC!

People are stupid. Thats my point lol

Nick

personally, i think its bullshit...just because the mayan calendar ends doesn't mean the entire fucking world is gonna end. fuck, my calendar ends once a year, and the world is still here.

Sullivan

Well, there will still be some sort of chaos on the day...