• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
im running 3.30oe now, and almost all of the games that im playin before when im in 2.71se-c are no longer workin anymore, i dont have any UMD inserted, do i have to insert one in able for me to play game, like ISO's and other stuff, some homebrew apps are also not workin please help me out! thanx a lot!

Yes, Insert a UMD into the drive and in the recovery menu, "disable" the NO-UMD function...

Then it should work fine.

downgrade to 1.5

I am thinking to upgrade my 1.5 to 3.40 OE-A, but I am wondering if it is possible to downgrade back to 1.5 after installing 3.40 OE-A?

thx

knicky91

Updater/Moderator
sure, it is really simple to downgrade back to FW 1.50 if you are running 3.40OE-A.

All that is involved, is running the revovery eboot in the recovery menu which will automatically downgrade the PSP bak to your original 1.50 firmware.

(i have done it personally many times and saved me from a bricked PSP tens of times)

I reccomend the OE CFW.

Cheers.

pepsihojo

help with 340 oe-a

hello when i start the 340 oe a(I have 330 oe a) It starts then the screen goes blank and my psp shuts off, when I turn it back on all my hoimebrew, emulators, iso's, etc work fine but I can't seem to start the new update please help me

Hellsingxx

Hi i got my psp today and it got the firmware 2.6. Is there a chane of bricking my psp if i try to downgrade to 1.5 and upgrade to the 3.40 OE-A?

Roe

Hi i got my psp today and it got the firmware 2.6. Is there a chane of bricking my psp if i try to downgrade to 1.5 and upgrade to the 3.40 OE-A?
There is a slight chance of bricking whenever you are writing to the flash but if you follow the instructions exactly there is slim to no chance of bricking

m007850

3.40 upgrade

Hello! I am a new member at this communicy and I have a problem. I bought a PSP in Thailand. And I got an firmware that can play fake memorystick games and UMD. And if I want to see the version of the firmware it stands: 3.10 OE'. Is this Dark_AleX 3.10 firmware? And if it is I tryed to upgrade to 3.40 OE but when I make the folder GAME150 and put the 2 folders there the flashmaker dosen't come up in the game menu. But when I change the name to on the folder to GAME it comes on the list. But when I start it it stands: Couldn't start game. So what can I do? I am really new to this.

Thank you.

Roe

Hello! I am a new member at this communicy and I have a problem. I bought a PSP in Thailand. And I got an firmware that can play fake memorystick games and UMD. And if I want to see the version of the firmware it stands: 3.10 OE'. Is this Dark_AleX 3.10 firmware? And if it is I tryed to upgrade to 3.40 OE but when I make the folder GAME150 and put the 2 folders there the flashmaker dosen't come up in the game menu. But when I change the name to on the folder to GAME it comes on the list. But when I start it it stands: Couldn't start game. So what can I do? I am really new to this.

Thank you.
Firstly yes you do have dark_alex firmware and secondly you must put the oeupdmaker AND oeupdmaker% folders in to game150 then it should come up in the menu

Roe

Try recovering your psp back to 1.50 by putting this in PSP/GAME/.Then go into recovery mode and select run program at /psp/recovery/eboot.pbp. Then try to update again

m007850

didn't work :crying:
how do u go in recovery mode? And if I can't get the firmware to work in 1.50 what happens then..

Roe

Stop double posting edit your last post.

Before you recover to 1.50 go to video in the xmb and press triangle. go to information and tell me what it says