• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

roy_ls2001

Hi, unfortunately, I also have a 3.11 PSP, so please let me know where can I get new mod chip. Thanks a lot bro..

Cheers
Roy

killerscamp

Hey X3!!!

I have downgraded my psp to 1.5, so I followed your guide for upgrading to 3.40 OE-A. It doesent quite work for me.

The last part of it when im installing the firmware 3.40 OE-A I get a message error:

"not existing or invalid dxar", then my PSP jumps right back to the menu and it is still 1.5:-(

Something is a littlebit weird. After I downgraded, my WEB ikon to the right of my GAME ikon was gone. Is it suppose to do that. (I have a TA-0082 motherboard)

Anyway, what would you recommend me to do?? Install another firmware,....try to downgrade to 1.5 again to get the WEB ikon back,.....or??? Feel a little bit lost.

You may have a link to an exstremely easy guide on upgrading firmware of the PSP 1.5 TA-0082. I followed your guide 100%, but just to keep it simple.

Look forward to hear from you!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey X3!!!

I have downgraded my psp to 1.5, so I followed your guide for upgrading to 3.40 OE-A. It doesent quite work for me.

The last part of it when im installing the firmware 3.40 OE-A I get a message error:

"not existing or invalid dxar", then my PSP jumps right back to the menu and it is still 1.5:-(

Something is a littlebit weird. After I downgraded, my WEB ikon to the right of my GAME ikon was gone. Is it suppose to do that. (I have a TA-0082 motherboard)

Anyway, what would you recommend me to do?? Install another firmware,....try to downgrade to 1.5 again to get the WEB ikon back,.....or??? Feel a little bit lost.

You may have a link to an exstremely easy guide on upgrading firmware of the PSP 1.5 TA-0082. I followed your guide 100%, but just to keep it simple.

Look forward to hear from you!!

that's normal. Firmware 1.5 doesn't have an internet browser.

anyways, did you move the DXAR into the 304oeflasher folder? Also when you created the DXAR did it pass the SHA-1 check?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Billyjj

Help i just installed 3.40oea and when i start need for speed cardon umd it says cannot be played (80020148 ) Anyone help?

edhara

Hi,

I recently upgraded my PSP from 1.50 to 3.10 OE-A. I'm trying to update to 3.40, but every time I try to run the "3.40 OE-A update maker" from the memory stick game menu, I keep getting a "The game could not be started (8002014C)" error message.

Do I need to downgrade back to 1.50 before upgrading again? Or do I need to go to 3.30OE before upgrading to 3.40?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

m007850

Have you tryed to go to Movies on the XMB hit triangle and go to information. Then on MagicGate if it stand unsupported you have a fake memory stick and can't upgrade. That was what happened to me..

edhara

Never mind, I'm a dumbass. After some searching, I found I had to make sure to set my game folder homebrew to use the 1.50 kernel in the recovery menu before running the update. :blushing:

mikepl335

ThanX a lot!!!!!

I want to really thank you man. You explained it to me so clearly. I allready Have 3.40 OE-A in the system information. But I still have one more question. Once I finished with updating the FW can I allready remove the oudmaker folder and all that stuff that I put onto my mem:confused1: orystick or I have to keep those things on my MEMORY StiCK?

mikepl335

Will ISO games work fine?

I did the 3.40 OE-A instalation. Now I want to ask if my ISO games will work fine with just putting them on to the Memo Stick or I still need the combinations with the UMDs and disabling no UMD? and Will games launched from a UMD work fine as well? Please write.THX

The problem is that I do not have any UMDs. LoL

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I did the 3.40 OE-A instalation. Now I want to ask if my ISO games will work fine with just putting them on to the Memo Stick or I still need the combinations with the UMDs and disabling no UMD? and Will games launched from a UMD work fine as well? Please write.THX

The problem is that I do not have any UMDs. LoL

with NO-UMD mode on compatibility is lower (although it is better in 3.40 OE-A), so some games may not work. with NO-UMD off all games should work.