• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I need some help if possible.

I'm new to this, so please be easy on me. I'm in the process up installing 3.40 OE-A, and my screen had been stuck on "Extracting and packing 3.40 firmware..." for over 30 minutes. Did I do something wrong? What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

No... you either have a very slow or fake memory stick. You can try formatting it to see if that helps.

delay1425

I need some help if possible.

I'm new to this, so please be easy on me. I'm in the process up installing 3.40 OE-A, and my screen had been stuck on "Extracting and packing 3.40 firmware..." for over 30 minutes. Did I do something wrong? What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Nevermind, it went through... Everything was successful. Thanks for the great tutorial!

delay1425

After I finished everything and it's successfully working, is it ok to format the memory stick or do I need to keep the files?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
once v3.40 OE is installed on the psp,it is safe to format the card as long as you have backed up data like your savegames and such.

Krelian

Just tap it in.

Correct. Just place and ISO or CSO in the ISO folder in your memory stick and launch the file under Game -> Memory Stick in your XMB.

Wally_Peanuts

what if the .cso or .iso dont appear in your xmb. swear im not stupid, i must be missing something small. ive downgraded and done everything else just fine, and its pissing me off that i cant get this. ive done everything ive read to do and still cant get them to work for me. any help is greatly appreciated

shadowthor

When you place the .cso and .iso files in the iso folder. It will appear under games in the xmb. Select memory sticks and your games should be there.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
You have it in the ISO folder, which is at the ROOT of your memstick, correct? It shouldn't be in the PSP folder, it should just be X:\ISO.

Wally_Peanuts

yes, yes, and yes. not trying to be a smart@$$ but im not stupid, i know its something small im missing, or maybe i got some bad isos or something. they are in the X:/ISO folder, i have 3.40 oe and i cant get them to work for me.

Cheezeball99

yes, yes, and yes. not trying to be a smart@$$ but im not stupid, i know its something small im missing, or maybe i got some bad isos or something. they are in the X:/ISO folder, i have 3.40 oe and i cant get them to work for me.

No, that's fine, I can imagine how aggrivated you are... What format are the ISOs? Because .dax aren't supported.

Wally_Peanuts

thanks for all the help guys, i got a couple diff isos since i knew it couldnt be anything i was doing wrong. works like a charm. i did see that u can mention sites to get isos, but cant link directly to isos. anyone reccomend a kind of "one stop iso shop"? somewhere i can get almost anything? thanks in advance, and thanks again for all the help

Joe

ps anyone have an invitation code for demonoid i can get? would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheezeball99

thanks for all the help guys, i got a couple diff isos since i knew it couldnt be anything i was doing wrong. works like a charm. i did see that u can mention sites to get isos, but cant link directly to isos. anyone reccomend a kind of "one stop iso shop"? somewhere i can get almost anything? thanks in advance, and thanks again for all the help
Joe

ps anyone have an invitation code for demonoid i can get? would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry man, but that's where you're wrong-

Rules
  • No racist, sexist or any other discriminating comments.
  • No flaming, trolling, spamming or advertising.
  • Requesting, posting links to or asking for help with illegal game downloads, commonly referred to as ISOs or ROMs, is forbidden.
  • Do not make useless posts.
  • Post in the correct forum or category.
  • We can change any of the rules at any time.
  • No selling of products or services.

If you have any suggestions, post in the feedback forum or contact an administrator.

So no more ISO talk, AT ALL. (Don't mean to sound like a prick, but rules are rules)

Cheezeball99

Pantysniffer

Right. Everytime you talk about ISOs and where to aquire them, a kitten loses its wings...or something.
Anyways, CISOs are great and all - reducing the space ISOs take up be ~30% is out of sight - but not all ISOs seem to like it. Notwithstanding that it might be the program I'm using (CiSO Converter v1.00 GUI v0.3 For PSP), GTA: LCS, for example, isn't playable. Every couple of seconds, you get a MS read/write which causes severe slowdown to the point of unplayability.
However, this is the only game I've had trouble with; Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon and Blade Dancer work perfectly.

Cheezeball99

Right. Everytime you talk about ISOs and where to aquire them, a kitten loses its wings...or something.
Anyways, CISOs are great and all - reducing the space ISOs take up be ~30% is out of sight - but not all ISOs seem to like it. Notwithstanding that it might be the program I'm using (CiSO Converter v1.00 GUI v0.3 For PSP), GTA: LCS, for example, isn't playable. Every couple of seconds, you get a MS read/write which causes severe slowdown to the point of unplayability.
However, this is the only game I've had trouble with; Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon and Blade Dancer work perfectly.

I do agree- I've tried VCS and it was terrible as well, although I can say I didn't try it as an actual ISO, so I don't know if it's just the GTA games don't like to be cso'd or just don't like memsticks at all, all I know is it runs fine off of the UMD:smile:.