• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Activision: Modern Warfare 2 Destined To Be Best Selling Game Of All Time

eXo

M for Messenger
Publisher Activision reckons that Modern Warfare will not only surpass sales records set this generation by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, but also will become the “

Colm

I could see it happening, really. Modern Warfare was the fastest selling game pre-GTA4 and one of the best games of 2007. But damn, The Orange Box beat it that year.

Sullivan

Orange box beat it? OB sucks compared to COD

Robby

Los Doyers!
I had more fun with CoD4 than the Orange Box. I only liked Portal, Team Fortress 2 was alright, never really got me.

But I can see this happening since CoD4 was the best game of the year and it sold so much in little time. CoD4 was close to perfection in my books so if they can fix the flaws it had and add more weapons/maps, then I cant wait!

Sullivan

i had more fun with cod4 than the orange box. I only liked portal, team fortress 2 was alright, never really got me.

But i can see this happening since cod4 was the best game of the year and it sold so much in little time. Cod4 was close to perfection in my books so if they can fix the flaws it had and add more weapons/maps, then i cant wait!

+1...

Cryox

Bro.
I already knew i was buying this since the day they announced it/i heard it. The whole CoD series has been so great.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You're stupid, go kill your self.

Orange Box was a lot of bang for your buck, but in the end I spent more time playing COD4's online multiplayer than any other shooter besides Halo 2/3. I'm really hoping they succeed because much of COD5:WAW's success came from the success that COD4 brought to the series. I'm really looking forward to this release and will, without a doubt, purchase it as soon as I can (I haven't bought games in a while, but this is one I must buy).

PS: Tory from Mythbuster's favorite game on the 360 is COD4 :p

Cryox

Bro.
Orange Box was a lot of bang for your buck, but in the end I spent more time playing COD4's online multiplayer than any other shooter besides Halo 2/3. I'm really hoping they succeed because much of COD5:WAW's success came from the success that COD4 brought to the series. I'm really looking forward to this release and will, without a doubt, purchase it as soon as I can (I haven't bought games in a while, but this is one I must buy).
COD4 :p
same here. Although after playing cod4, i couldn't get myself to enjoy H3 matchmaking anymore....

Robby

Los Doyers!
Are you joking?

In 5 years people will still be playing the likes of TF2, I doubt they will be playing CoDMW2 by then.

I didn't like TF2 on the 360, I liked it more on the PC. Portal was nice, but once you beat it, I didn't want to play it no more.
I don't see people playing the Orange Box on 360/PS3 no more. It just didn't fit with consoles.

Oh and in 5 years, I'm sure a better/new CoD would be out so...

Serideth

I didn't like TF2 on the 360, I liked it more on the PC. Portal was nice, but once you beat it, I didn't want to play it no more.
I don't see people playing the Orange Box on 360/PS3 no more. It just didn't fit with consoles.

Oh and in 5 years, I'm sure a better/new CoD would be out so...

I was referring to the games in general. They're saying they're going to make this the "best selling game of all time". I fail to see that happening.

Vee

I was referring to the games in general. They're saying they're going to make this the "best selling game of all time". I fail to see that happening.

Well COD4 is currently the best selling game of this generation. I dont think it will be the highest selling game of all time, but i think it'll be the highest selling game on the 360/PS3. I predict 12-13 million sales. I dont think its possible for it to sell more then that.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well COD4 is currently the best selling game of this generation. I dont think it will be the highest selling game of all time, but i think it'll be the highest selling game on the 360/PS3. I predict 12-13 million sales. I dont think its possible for it to sell more then that.

No it's not, unless you're only including PS3/360 into the mix. Loads of DS and Wii titles have sold more than 15 million units, to name a few: Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros., and Brain Age.

If Activision has any hopes of reaching this goal, they better be releasing Modern Warfare 2 on Wii also.

Vee

No it's not, unless you're only including PS3/360 into the mix. Loads of DS and Wii titles have sold more than 15 million units, to name a few: Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros., and Brain Age.

If Activision has any hopes of reaching this goal, they better be releasing Modern Warfare 2 on Wii also.

Obviously i'm talking about PS3 and 360 only. Modern Warfare has never come out on Nintendo platforms. Even if they did release a MW2 for the Wii and DS, i dont think it'll be the highest selling game of all time. Shooting games just dont really that amazingly on the Wii.

Sinfulfate

Obviously i'm talking about PS3 and 360 only. Modern Warfare has never come out on Nintendo platforms. Even if they did release a MW2 for the Wii and DS, i dont think it'll be the highest selling game of all time. Shooting games just dont really that amazingly on the Wii.

Call of Duty 4 came out on DS.

user friendly

Obviously i'm talking about PS3 and 360 only. Modern Warfare has never come out on Nintendo platforms. Even if they did release a MW2 for the Wii and DS, i dont think it'll be the highest selling game of all time. Third party games just don't really sell that amazingly on the Wii.

Fixed.

!Kernel Panic!

OUTL4W 4Lyfe
well if it's planning on being better than COD4...looks like I'll be picking this up also for the 360/PS3

oh and yeah PC tooooooo.

Would love to see MW2 with halo theatre & forge mode....