• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Black Friday Shopping Stories

Bossmanuk

Contributor
twelve said:
Yeah I'm still waiting for the 2.5% VAT reduction to actually make anything cheaper. So far I'm not seeing it.

Currys, Dixons, PC World, Pixmania started it the day after it was announced.

I would like to think people wouldn't trample an employee to death just to save a few

twelve

I'm not dead
Bossmanuk said:
Currys, Dixons, PC World, Pixmania started it the day after it was announced.
ebuyer have too. I've had a saved basket on there for months and the price hasn't changed since VAT dropped.

They've put all of their base prices up so that the price is still the same after they add 15% VAT.

It's bullshit.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Currys Dixons PC World haven't upped their prices to compensate yet, I know because I have to personally remember to manually discount the price. Which I don't always remember to do, leaving about 30% of my customers walking out without the discount lol.

twelve

I'm not dead
lol. I was wondering how physical stores where gonna do it, it's either take it off at the till or change every price label in the store (which would be worth doing in PC world, cos the prices are never right in any store I go in).

Bossmanuk

Contributor
twelve said:
lol. I was wondering how physical stores where gonna do it, it's either take it off at the till or change every price label in the store (which would be worth doing in PC world, cos the prices are never right in any store I go in).

They use the same ticketing system as us at Currys and it is awful. Price tickets are often wrong when they are updated. I wish they would just let us write our own price tickets. Stupid office monkeys saying a Blu ray player is just a DVD player, getting Plasma and LCd confused etc. They need someone with an actual shred of knowledge to write them.

twelve

I'm not dead
That might be why most items in the 2 PC worlds near me don't have a price label at all. I tend to get most components online anyway but I like to look at them beforehand in store.

Currys near me though is really well labelled, but I think that's because my mate with OCD and ADHD works there. He was born to label shelves. lol

Bossmanuk

Contributor
twelve said:
That might be why most items in the 2 PC worlds near me don't have a price label at all. I tend to get most components online anyway but I like to look at them beforehand in store.

Currys near me though is really well labelled, but I think that's because my mate with OCD and ADHD works there. He was born to label shelves. lol

Yeah, depending on who you get it is better. My store in oxford got 97% accuracy, which is pretty good for the amount of products we have. Compare to my hometown which got around 70%.

Seth

MD Party Room
I have no idea what you to are talking about.