• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Black Ops 'Biggest Launch' To Grace Industry, GameStop Forecasts

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
blackops4.jpg

Granted, it's still early yet, but it seems that copies of Treyarch's latest magnum opus are flying off store shelves at a record pace, if comments made by merchandising senior VP Bob McKenzie are any indication.

As the initial tally rolls in, McKenzie expects that Black Ops will register as "the biggest launch" that this industry has ever seen.
I think it's a loyal fanbase for the franchise and [Activision has] done a great job of really getting out in front of it and really making this an event[...]

Continue reading: Black Ops 'Biggest Launch' To Grace Industry, GameStop Forecasts...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yet Activision themselves stated a few days ago (was it yesterday?) that their sales projection for the title are 20% below of MW2 sales

Yet Activision themselves stated a few days ago (was it yesterday?) that their sales projection for the title are 20% below of MW2 sales

Activision has bad foresight; they always projected COD4 as a failure, and advised IW to stick to the same formula.

ekmuas

you know I really dislike about this game.. there's a bug or some sort when you have a carepackage call and everytime you switch your gun it pulls out the carepackage grenade call.... but overall pretty good game. I think Treyarch did a damn good job.

TeamOverload

I've seen a ton of hype about it on social networks, more so than Modern Warfare 2 actually I must say. Even people's parents I know, are running out to grab the game on launch day and such, didn't see that (At least not as widespread with MW2.) I think Modern Warfare 2 sucked a lot of these people in and now they want more.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There were over 4 million players in game on Live at 2:00am last night right before I went to bed.

imo...They did one hell of a Job! even on the PC version!

-ingame console is back but very restrict
-lean support is back
-mostly the pc controls is back to CO4/WAW style "V for your Knife" and "4 for flash bang"

This game makes me wanna pitch MW2 in the trash. If you plan on getting this, get it!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
imo...They did one hell of a Job! even on the PC version!

-ingame console is back but very restrict
-lean support is back
-mostly the pc controls is back to CO4/WAW style "V for your Knife" and "4 for flash bang"

This game makes me wanna pitch MW2 in the trash. If you plan on getting this, get it!

I'm definitely not reinstalling MW2 again. I may install CoD4 sometime but I see BO being my go-to game for the foreseeable future