• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Borderlands

Seth

MD Party Room
Just picked this game up for 360 cant wait to play it!

Robby

Los Doyers!
It's like fallout 3 with vehicles, and better weapons... Less interesting weapons (no deathclaw glove, or alein blasters), but far more fun to use.

In fact, not sure why I'm not playing it right now...
Yeah like Abe said, You get Alien Weapons later on.
I have 4 aliens weapons right now(Assault Rifle, Sniper, Launcher, and Shotgun)

And like others said, being compared to Fallout 3 isn't necessarily a bad thing. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever. And honestly? So far, I find this game more fun to actually play.
Fallout 3 may very well be in the top 3 best games of all time for me personally. But I am having way more fun playing this because of the visuals, and the weapons, and the co-op just adds to it.

its not really post-apocalyptic its a diffrent planet and as for the mutants there midgets not giant orcs

but yes there are some things that are the same but if you say
"oh its just like fallout" and then someone goes and played it expecting a game like fallout there going to be a little surprised. I know I was when my friend said it was just like fallout (he'd only seen the trailers) and he was a little surprised to

as for when you said its like fallout because there both RPG and FPS thats like comparing half-life to halo there 2 completley diffrent games
This is like fallout, I played it and beaten it and I can say it is like Fallout.
If someone says what this game is like, tell them its like fallout just with more weapons, vehicles, and concept art graphics.

Comparing half life to halo is just stupid, just stop right now please.
You can easily compare this game to Fallout 3.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Indeed, first time I saw this game I instantly compared it to Fallout 3. The only area it really differs is in the art style, and of course some aspects of gameplay.

Joey

Yeah like Abe said, You get Alien Weapons later on.
I have 4 aliens weapons right now(Assault Rifle, Sniper, Launcher, and Shotgun).

Yeah, I just noticed the Alien weapons in the "Proficiancy Rating" screen.

Very awesome.

I think I just got to level 14... The difficulty curve was pretty steep. From level 1 through about 12, I was cruising. Now I'm dying quite a bit.

Game is awesome though, like any good game, I'm at work, and all I can think about is playing some more. Uncharted too. I haven't even put ODST back in after playing for about 45 minutes. What a rubbish game.

**EDIT**

I just remembered, I have a couple questions. One, if the name of a gun is a different color, what does it mean? I have a few greens, and a couple blues. Can't really tell what it's supposed to mean. And two, the periphery stats (ie +15% damage)... What are those supposed to mean? What is that "+15%" in comparison to? The number displayed above it? Is that in reference to critical hits? I'm a little confused about that.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The colors show how rare the items are. From memory I think it goes
White - Green - Blue - Purple - Yellow - Orange
With white being the most common type and Orange being the most rare.

I'm also confused on that +15% damage part as well. I am taking a guess that it does 15% more damage on critical hits. Maybe someone with a game manual can look that up?

eldiablov

Contributor
I'll be picking this up tonight. I'm really looking forward to it =D

I'll probably pick up Uncharted 1 and 2 while I'm out aswell :\

Joey

I'm also confused on that +15% damage part as well. I am taking a guess that it does 15% more damage on critical hits. Maybe someone with a game manual can look that up?

Ah, yeah, of course... That's a normal RPG troupe. Good call.

And yeah, about the stats, I thought it might be "this is was happens on critical hits", but some of the stats are things like "Plus XX seconds faster reload".

Maybe I'll do some googlin'.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The gun modifiers do exactly what they list out. For example, the +damage ones add the the base damage number listed. The +accuracy adds to the base accuracy rating, etc.

I was a little confused at first, bu it's pretty straight forward.

Joey

The gun modifiers do exactly what they list out. For example, the +damage ones add the the base damage number listed. The +accuracy adds to the base accuracy rating, etc.

I was a little confused at first, bu it's pretty straight forward.

Ok, that's what I didn't get. Like, if the damage was 30, and there was a "+15% Damage" modifier, I didn't know if that meant +15% of 30, or if 30 was the damage after 15% was added.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I wish this game had a website tie in that allowed you to show and see what your friend's are carrying in terms of weapons.

This one guy I co-op'd with over the weekend gave me an awesome shield when I was at around level 31. I'm at level 37 now and I haven't seen anything this high yet.

It's got like 760 energy, with an 80 recharge rate, and slow health regeneration.

I'm pretty sure I've been holding on to a nice purple shield for someone around level 22 or 25. So whoever of you guys get their first, it's yours. Like 680 energy or something.

PR0fessor Burnt

I wish this game had a website tie in that allowed you to show and see what your friend's are carrying in terms of weapons.

This one guy I co-op'd with over the weekend gave me an awesome shield when I was at around level 31. I'm at level 37 now and I haven't seen anything this high yet.

It's got like 760 energy, with an 80 recharge rate, and slow health regeneration.

I'm pretty sure I've been holding on to a nice purple shield for someone around level 22 or 25. So whoever of you guys get their first, it's yours. Like 680 energy or something.

sound like that guy just found a rare item I know my friend found a revolver for lvl 11 that shoots like 30x7 or sumthin like that and he gave ti to me. On my other character i played through the whole game and never saw a revolver like it.

El Diablo

Picked this game up today and so far I'm fucking in love with it. Not only is it the first game for my ps3 I have bought and been interested to sit there and play it for hours, it's the first FPS I've played on a console since James Bond games for ps2. It's such a great game, I just wish I didn't suck so bad right now with the joysticks, stupid PC games making me want to use a keyboard and mouse all the time.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I just found a semi-secret basement area in one of the towns in this game, New Haven. It pays an homage to the 80's movie A Christmas Story with a makeshift Christmas tree, a leg lamp, and a weapons chest with a sniper rifer called "Rider."

It's a scopeless sniper with a 20 bullet clip, which is the most I've seen by a mile so far in terms of clip size for snipers. It also has a 3.5 fire rate, which is also the fastest I've seen, but it's damage is only 70. (70 damage at this point in the game is too low for me.)

When you look at the weapons stats, it's saying also says something like "You'll shoot your eye out."

If you've ever seen this movie, you'll understand.

Yea, I found this too. I don't really get why the weapon sucks so much since they should know around what level range you'll be in when you fulfill the requirements to get in...

There is also dark orange and pearlescent at the end of the rarity range.

I love this game.

nicodemus82

**The Welsh Guy**
I found this game extremely boring.. been playing it at my mates house and just saw him complete it. WTF is up with the ending? made no sense to me... the game is very repetitive and there's basically no story whatsoever.

I'll stick with Uncharted 2 until Dragon Age Origins and MW2 come out...

PR0fessor Burnt

I found this game extremely boring.. been playing it at my mates house and just saw him complete it. WTF is up with the ending? made no sense to me... the game is very repetitive and there's basically no story whatsoever.

I'll stick with Uncharted 2 until Dragon Age Origins and MW2 come out...

:scared: how could you not like it!

Robby

Los Doyers!
sound like that guy just found a rare item I know my friend found a revolver for lvl 11 that shoots like 30x7 or sumthin like that and he gave ti to me. On my other character i played through the whole game and never saw a revolver like it.

30x7 isnt that good actually. I have a pistol right now that does 468 damage and it regenerates its own ammo.