• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Call of Duty: Black Ops

TeamOverload

Why do you have to be a fanboy to think that it's the best in the series? Just as you stated, the review is based entirely on your opinion, as we have our own opinions as well. I truly thought that it did manage to move the series well enough forward.

What bugs did you experience in single player? I don't remember encountering any to be completely honest. And unfortunately, in this day and age, console games DO have bugs, more often than not to be fair. I'm sure the amount of bugs in this game simply pail in comparison to Fallout: New Vegas. Now that was a game that needed much, much more polish.

Looks like Slicer beat me to it, and pretty much said exactly what I said >_<

No bugs on single player pc that I aware of and I already beat it twice?

AI can be stupid on certain levels, easy to knife.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Who finishes SP more than twice anyway... Multiplayer is the most important aspect of CoD games.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Who finishes SP more than twice anyway... Multiplayer is the most important aspect of CoD games.

speedrunners? Not sure if there's much appeal for speedrunning CoD the same as there is with the likes of DOOM, Quake or Half-Life

TeamOverload

I think my biggest issue with the game has to be the spawning issues in multiplayer. Some maps are far worse offenders than others however. The worst ones in my opinion would have to be Havana and Nuketown. That and the fact that as soon as Nuketown shows up, it just keeps getting chosen to play over and over and over again, because it guarantees a high number of kills, because it's way too small for 6v6. It works well enough for wager matches, but I don't think it belongs in the other playlists.

january39

eXo Staff
Nuketown does produce stupid spawns, i even spawned directly behind someone the other day, knife was out instantly - got the kill. ...and then was sniped from the stairs :)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
You guys tried Combat Training? It's amaaaaaaaaazing.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I fell in love with the GALIL with Extended Mags. Your magazine holds 50 rounds so you never get caught reloading in a bad spot. It's also got really nice iron sights. I think all of the iron sights have been improved in this game.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
you know, i was going with your review up to this point, it's not that you disagree, but that if anyone else agrees, your instantly labeling them as a fanboy who "can't see there are elements of previous made games", is it really so hard to imagine that people could think this is the best CoD made to date?, and of course it borrow's elements from the other 3 games, they all were built on the same engine

what bugs did you hit?, when i played the campaign the only bug(which i don't think is actually a bug) i got, was the infinite enemy's

Like both of you said, an opinion is an opinion - my opinion is that anyone who doesnt see how Black Ops is ridiculously hyped is probably a fanboy - Take it or leave, no hair off my ass.

Im not saying the game borrows elements from other titles before it is the problem, of course it does - its a franchise. What im saying is that CLEARLY its not superior to its predecessors.

I ran in to many bugs including the exploding ammo bows not leaving explosives (yes i had the ammo)
enemies running into me and freezing
the game hanving serious hang ups, upward to minutes
when ally AI ran into me I couldnt move until they moved which happened non stop

By the way, infinite enemies is not a bug - its a design element to make you push forward in that situation

El Diablo

So then if I say it CLEARLY is superior and people who think it's not are mw2 fanboys, that means I'm right too? = \

Moose

Meta Moose
Like both of you said, an opinion is an opinion - my opinion is that anyone who doesnt see how Black Ops is ridiculously hyped is probably a fanboy - Take it or leave, no hair off my ass.

Im not saying the game borrows elements from other titles before it is the problem, of course it does - its a franchise. What im saying is that CLEARLY its not superior to its predecessors.

I ran in to many bugs including the exploding ammo bows not leaving explosives (yes i had the ammo)
enemies running into me and freezing
the game hanving serious hang ups, upward to minutes
when ally AI ran into me I couldnt move until they moved which happened non stop

By the way, infinite enemies is not a bug - its a design element to make you push forward in that situation

I haven't experienced any of those bugs. Do you reckon there's a method of triggering them (other than obviously performing the said)? Perhaps certain Perks or weapons cause mishaps within the game?

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
So then if I say it CLEARLY is superior and people who think it's not are mw2 fanboys, that means I'm right too? = \

You can absolutely say that, but it holds less bearing.

And for the record I dislike everything about MW2 other than the campaign so we can argue about this all day long.

El Diablo

I just don't get why when you say it, that's the way it is for sure no matter what anyone says despite it being your opinion, but if I say it, it has less bearing.

I have nothing to argue about, calling anyone a fanboy for thinking Black Ops is a better game and not over hyped is just laughable. One could even say you're the fanboy. I have never been a big fan of the call of duty games, the last one was garbage imo and this one is leagues ahead of it. I guess I'm a fanboy because I prefer this game over one you prefer.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I just don't get why when you say it, that's the way it is for sure no matter what anyone says despite it being your opinion, but if I say it, it has less bearing.

I have nothing to argue about, calling anyone a fanboy for thinking Black Ops is a better game and not over hyped is just laughable. One could even say you're the fanboy. I have never been a big fan of the call of duty games, the last one was garbage imo and this one is leagues ahead of it. I guess I'm a fanboy because I prefer this game over one you prefer.

Who said my opinion is absolute, im not saying that - I am saying its absolute in my eyes. Some people say MW2 MP is godlike but I think its utter shit. My opinion is absolute to me, and you cant call someone a fanboy if they dislike large portions of games - that doesnt even make sense

Also, fan boys LOVE to argue back to the death when they are being called fanboys so you just proved my point.

El Diablo

Rofl, whatever man. Anything I say you will just turn around into saying "you just proved my point you are a fanboy". Enjoy believing whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night no matter how wrong it is.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Rofl, whatever man. Anything I say you will just turn around into saying "you just proved my point you are a fanboy". Enjoy believing whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night no matter how wrong it is.

Did you hang your Black Ops poster above your bed? I bet it looks awesome