• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
pspcolors.jpg

Team Typhoon and group lead Davee have made good on their promise to deliver a properly working version of the universal homebrew enabler known as ChickHEN, initially released yesterday. For those in need of a refresher, this enables homebrew support on firmware 5.03 for all PSP revisions, including the PSP-3000 and TA-088 v3 equipped 2000 units.

Despite being hampered by bugs the first time around, R2 turns the tables with proper, fully-functional homebrew support. Users are advised to stick to using 3.X kernel based applications, as older legacy software based on the 1.5 kernel will have issues with running from within the HEN environment.

For further details on the changelog, hit the break.[blockquote2]Changelog

* Now supports homebrew
* Homebrew Support enhanced
* Tiff image blocking in HEN (displays unsupported)[/blockquote2]Download ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

Davee's DevSite [Davee]

J

jx233

Sweet. :D

The HEN is fully functional. Kudos to Davee and Team Typhoon.

Now, maybe this HEN could be reverse engineered for Gripshift hack on 5.02 and lower firmwares.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Mind being a bit more descriptive? Does it freeze or what? Might take a few tries to start up, it doesn't always work the first time.

argberny

<p>hey i got this working now now what else do i need to get homebrew? i would like to get a sega genisis emulator can someone help me on getting this?</p>

Level_0

<p>@WickedNite:</p>
<p>Good to hear I'm not the only one, I guess... I have a 3000 and am having the same issue. Been trying this for about 6 hours now and still nothing. At least the one yesterday created the HEN environment, though it was unable to run ANYTHING at the time since it had the bad h.bin. Gonna try that unofficial one to see if I get a better chance with that.</p>

WickedNite

my psp slim and not the brite and it's a japan version. i don't know what seems to be the problem, even the old chickhen doesn't work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Try restore default settings and see if it solves it. Also are you copying all images from the ChickHEN folder?

@argberny: Homebrew goes in the PSP/GAME folder.

Level_0

<p>I didn't have to restore default settings yesterday, but I'll give it a shot. I'll try anything at this point.</p>
<p>Also using the unofficial one doesn't seem any better so far - about 15 restarts but no HEN.</p>

Level_0

<p>No such luck, I suppose. Restored default settings and still no HEN.</p>
<p>I really wish I was doing something wrong, but I have all the ChickHEN images in the proper folder (PSP/PHOTO/ChickHEN) with the h.bin in the memstick's root. The images are from the SLIM folder, and I sit in the ChickHEN folder waiting for it to activate (white flash and green lines) and reboot. It only crashes and shuts down.</p>
<p>I have the US 3000 model. What's sad is that I got it to enter HEN mode yesterday, but the h.bin I had didn't execute homebrew properly. Now I've got one that should work, and it doesn't. Guess I've just got to keep at it until it does?</p>

cyrus

<p>just an of topic discussion, is team m33 working on custom firmware for the t88v3 psp's?</p>

WickedNite

Try restore default settings and see if it solves it. Also are you copying all images from the ChickHEN folder?

@argberny: Homebrew goes in the PSP/GAME folder.

yep, i've done that before posting that problem here but nothing happened. it's still the same.

B2K24

<p>Guys it's very simple I will explain to all how to execute the HEN. I can execute it first try every single time.</p>
<p>-install 5.03 OFW
-restore default settings
-umd autostart and cache can be off
-set theme to classic
-backround set to classic
-put ChickHEN in PSP/PHOTO
-any other jpegs or pics is NOT needed just ChickHEN folder only in PSP/PHOTO</p>
<p>-photo memorystick press cross
-press cross on ChickHEN folder
-NOW press down on dpad ONLY 1 TIME as soon as EGG displays. Repeat and time it 1 press when egg displays</p>
<p>It auto boots into ChickHEN R2 every single time for me.</p>

Level_0

<p>@B2K24:
Not for me.
Now I've got to redo my settings again...
-_-,</p>
<p>It's okay, I understand I'm supposed to be patient with this, so I'll definitely try again tomorrow.</p>

Level_0

<p>Holy crap, I just got it to work.</p>
<p>I was about to give up for the night, and figured I'd give it one more shot. I went into the ChickHEN folder and mashed up, down and Triangle and amazingly, it kicked in.</p>
<p>Enjoying NesterJ right now. Sooooooooooooooo happy. I'm never turning this thing off.</p>

january39

eXo Staff
<p>just an of topic discussion, is team m33 working on custom firmware for the t88v3 psp's?</p>

I suspect there intial attempts will all be focussed on the pre-ipl, until then there will be no CFW dev at all i would think - It might be that CFW never gets on a TA-088v3.

frisomel

<p>so does the ChickHEN app can only give u the ability to run homebrew apps?, so what else do I get besides homebrew? POPS, ability to execute ISOs, etc.?</p>

MenaceInc

Staff Member
so does the ChickHEN app can only give u the ability to run homebrew apps?, so what else do I get besides homebrew? POPS, ability to execute ISOs, etc.?

piracy is not supported so ChickHEN cannot be used to load ISO/CSO files
POPS cannot be used either unfortunately as well as plugins